Many people are curious about what kind of car Tiger Woods drives. Tiger Woods, famed golfer, has been spotted in many vehicles, some driven due to sponsorship and deals, while others he has personally purchased.
Tiger's Car History
Tiger Woods more than likely has been asked to provide his name and sponsorship to all sorts of vehicles. Lately, fans have seen him in some of the following vehicles:
- 2001 Buick Bengal - With his deal with Buick beginning around 1999, Tiger has been seen posing with and driving around in this concept car.
- 2009 Lexus LS 460 Sedan - While Tiger doesn't own one of these dimpled sedans made by Lexus, the company was the vehicle sponsor for the professional golf players at the U.S. Open in 2009 so he may have been spotted driving a (non-dimpled) vehicle.
- Porsche Carrera GT - Tiger does own a Porsche Carrera GT. Only 1,270 units were produced between 2004 and 2006 and Tiger is lucky to have one of the "superclass" model cars. Weighing in at 3,042 pounds, it has a 5.7 Liter V10 engine that gets an amazing 435 pounds of torque. If you can find one of these Porsche Carrera GT models for sale, expect to pay well over $100,000!
- The Golf Cart - Tiger most likely has many of these, some with all the conveniences and others not so many. Most of the time, Tiger is happy to do what other golfers do and rent a cart. The makes and models of the individually owned Tiger Woods golf carts remain a mystery! His 2016 golf cart from the Ryder Cup Vice Captain auctioned for over $17,000.
- Stock Car - In April of 2006, Tiger Woods joined a charity event in New Zealand and ran a twelve-lap race, which he won in a stock car. The souped-up car's make and model were not released but it was all in good fun for Tiger, especially since all proceeds for this race were given to a youth sports teams in New Zealand.
- Buick Enclave 2008- Tiger is rumored to have a Buick Enclave due to his lucrative deal with GM. In 2007 he also drove an Enclave as a courtesy car during a tournament which he ended up winning. The car was later auctioned off with the bidding starting at $100,000, despite the vehicle only costing around $35,000.
- 2009 Cadillac Escalade- Tiger's Escalade became big news when he crashed it into a fire hydrant in his neighborhood early in the morning. The car's front bumper was badly damaged in the accident and Woods' only had minor injuries.
- Lamborghini Murcielago - Rumored to have never driven this car, but owning it, the Lamborghini Murcielago costs around $140,000, but can cost as much as $760,000 depending on the model.
- Mercedes S65- Woods was arrested for a DUI while driving this expensive car which was later impounded. The S65 costs around $235,000 with a 621 horsepower and a V12 bi-turbo engine.
What Kind of Car Does Tiger Woods Drive Today?
Tiger may drive his Porsche Carrera GT and a golf cart now and then, but don't be surprised if you see him driving around in a Hyundai Genesis. They've sponsored the PGA tour three years in a row and are known as Hyundai's new luxury brand. They cost around $60,000 depending on features added.
The Tiger Woods Learning Center
Driving fancy cars and playing professional golf is not all Tiger Woods is good at. His school, the Tiger Woods Learning Lab located in Anaheim, California has a mission statement that reads, "Change the World through Orientation, Exploration, and Preparation." It is a non-profit school for under-represented students and offers many scholarships. Tiger believes that the education system and what it has to offer can be greatly enhanced through donations, a great curriculum, and staffing. The twenty-five million dollar center opened in 2006 with a public address by former President Bill Clinton.
Tiger Woods' Cars
The next time someone asks you what kind of car does Tiger Woods drive, you can let them know he supports the Buick Enclave, loves his Porsche Carrera GT and most likely owns a whole bunch of golf carts!