If you've had an incredible first date, or first few dates with someone, and you want to see them again, it's best to be upfront about where you stand. If you're wondering what to say after a date, reading some examples can help you figure out the perfect thing to say.
What to Say After a Date
When deciding what to say after a date, you may feel a bit nervous. It's always a risk when you put yourself out there and are vulnerable with another individual. But, by doing so, you may end up finding someone else who feels exactly the same way about you.
What to Say After First Date
Examples of what to say after a first date:
- I had such an amazing time with you tonight! I'd love to see you again if you're up for it.
- It was so nice meeting you! I had the best time with you today. How would you feel about meeting up again later in the week?
- I have to admit I was really nervous about meeting you, but I've really loved getting to know you and hearing about your interests.
How Do You Say Thank You After a Date?
Thank you text after first date examples:
- Thank you so much for such a great date! I had so much fun spending time with you.
- I just wanted to thank you for going above and beyond on our date tonight. I had such a great time with you.
- Thank you so much for taking me out tonight! I'd love to see you again!
- It's rare to find someone you connect so instantly with! I'm grateful that I got to spend time with you tonight!
Text After Second Date Examples
What to text after a second date:
- Hey! Just wanted to let you know how much fun I had on our date! I loved seeing you for a second time! Want to go for round three?
- Thanks for such a perfect date! I'd love to see you again! I'm free on Saturday if you want to try that restaurant we talked about.
- I just wanted to tell you that I had the best time with you! I really loved learning more about you and am definitely open to seeing you again!
- Two awesome dates down!! Should we go for a perfect three?
Should You Text After a Date?
Texting after a date is a nice way to connect and offers you a bit more time to think about your response. Examples of what to text after a date:
- Thanks for such an epic date!! Definitely one of the best first dates I've had!
- I just wanted to tell you how much fun I had on our date. It was so nice to connect with such a genuine and kind person. Let me know if you'd like to meet up again!
- Thanks for going out with me with tonight! Would you like to see a movie next weekend?
- I had so much fun with you tonight! You are beyond hilarious. I haven't laughed that hard in a while!
How Do You Start a Conversation After a Date?
If you've had a great date and want to see them again, you can say something after the date and/or via text message. While being open with your date can feel nerve wracking, doing so offers you the opportunity to see if they feel the same way about you.