Games for married couples are a fun way to spend an evening with a few good friends or spend some time alone with your partner. These types of activities are an excellent way to bond, and you might even learn something about your partner along the way!
Discover Fun Games for Married Couples
There are hundreds of games for couples, from Monopoly to chess, that can allow married couples to enjoy a game night. In fact, practically any two-player game will work for a married couple or those in a relationship. However, finding the right game for you, your spouse, and others in your friend group may take a little time. It will definitely be worth its weight in laughs and fun.
Fun Multi-Player Game Ideas
Games can serve as a way to bond and break the ice in group settings. The following is just a sample of games that adults can enjoy playing. With so many board games out there, rest assured that you will find several games to suit your needs.
- Smart Ass Trivia Game - This fun trivia board game works for two to 12 players and includes 500 questions to test your skills.
- Worst Case Scenario Card Game - A game for two or more players, the Worst Case Scenario Card Game is perfect for your next group game night. This game is both challenging and hysterical at the same time. Each scenario offers three possible solutions. Figure out which one is correct to win the match.
- Apples to Apples - Considered by many to be the ultimate group game, Apples to Apples is a funny and challenging game of word comparisons well-suited for married couples.
Card games are another great option that works for as few as two players up to an entire group.
- Rook - For those who like to exercise their strategy muscles, Rook is the perfect card game for two to six players.
What Do You Meme? Let's Get Deep - This card game helps you get to know your partner on a whole new level. Players take turns answering questions that range in intensity from "Ice Breaker" to "Deep" to "Deeper. " It's made for two or more players age 17 and up.
Many adult games, such as strip poker, don't require anything more than a deck of cards. However, if you're looking for games for married couples that can spice up the evening, consider one of these games.
- Loaded Questions Adult - This is the adult version of the popular Loaded Questions game. It is meant for four to six players aged 18 and above.
- Dirty Minds - This hilarious game works for two or more adults and proves that nothing is as dirty as it seems.
- What's Yours Like - This clever innuendo game asks players to describe something and forces the other players to guess what it is. It is suitable for four or more players.
- Intimoos - This spicy two-player card game is described as a "playful and intimate journey designed to deepen connections and explore desires in a fun, engaging way."
Fun Romantic Couples Games
Have fun playing these romantic couples games at home where you're free to get a little more intimate or simply add some relationship-themed fun to your day.
- Marital Bliss - This fun game is played by a couple over the course of one week. Each day, you each pick a card with a mission and try to secretly accomplish your mission, which is often doing something nice for your partner.
- The Ultimate Game for Couples - If you and your partner could use some quality time to reconnect, this game is for you. It combines thought-provoking questions that spark conversations with romantic challenges for a game that gives date night a major upgrade.
Party Games for Married Couples
When you get together with other married couples, these party games can help everyone bond with their spouse and have fun as a group of friends.
- Bed, Wed, Dead - For every round, players must decide which of the three named celebrities or people they would sleep with, kill, and marry. Two or more players will be dying of laughter as they share answers, which can include your own write-ins.
- Cards Against Humanity - This party card game is similar to Apples to Apples but is made for adults because it can contain some explicit material. Four or more players try to pair up strange and funny phrases to make the best sentence.
Finding the Right Game
With so many options, finding a game you and your partner will enjoy can be a little daunting. Additionally, if you plan to play the game with other married couples, you will have a few things to consider.
- Decide what type of game you want to play. There are many different types: card games, board games, strategy games, trivia games, video games, and sports.
- Check to see how many players the game will accommodate. Most games will indicate a suggested number of players or number range. Though you don't necessarily have to follow these instructions, it is often set to make playing easier and more fun.
- Consider the age appropriateness of the games. Not all games are meant for adult play. They may be too juvenile, dull, or easy for married couples, so be sure to read the box to determine if it is for children or adults, as this isn't always easy to figure out.
- Decide if you want your game to have a naughty or sexual component. This works well if you are choosing a game to play with just your partner. However, many adults enjoy innuendo play and other sexual banter-type games. Just be sure that everyone is comfortable with this type of game.
Benefits of Couples Games
Being able to laugh with your spouse is a strengthening aspect of marriage and can even help you build a healthier relationship. These great games for married couples can help you do that while spending time with good friends and the one you love.