Love it or hate it, work is a fact of daily life for most people. In fact, many people spend more of their waking hours at work than with their family and friends. With that in mind, it's easy to see why workplace humor is just as important as productivity. Take a quick break and relax for a bit to check out these funny work quotes.
Unless otherwise noted, all quotes are original and written by LoveToKnow staff.
Funny Inspirational Work Quotes and Advice
Funny quotes don't have to have a negative twist. And not everything related to work is bad. In fact, the right words will downright inspire you! At least until your lunch break ends - or until Friday rolls around.
- On the treadmill of life, there are worse problems to have than a steady job.
- Work is one place where you don't have to feel bad about being a perfectionist.
- On days you don't feel like working, think of the worst job you've ever had and be glad you're not there anymore.
- Some people say millennials are lazy, but I say we're extremely efficient.
- Happy hour is how they get us to forget how stressful our jobs are. Works for me!
- If work was supposed to be easy or fun, it wouldn't be called work.
- When your boss asks you to do something you've never done before, say yes with certainty then get to Googling.
- Remember that, at one point, you wanted this job badly enough to apply for it!
- If we didn't have to work, there would be no such thing as vacations, and that would just be sad.
- You're great at looking like you're working really hard, and that's half the battle!
Funny Motivational Work Quotes
Some of the best workplace quotes are motivational in nature. Check out these upbeat sayings that just might give your attitude about work a little lift. Perfect to have a Motivated Monday (instead of a Moody Monday).
- A job is your key to unlocking a paycheck.
- Whenever you feel like quitting, remember how awful it is to write cover letters.
- Your next promotion is just one good decision (someone else's) away.
- Work is what you do to fund your hobbies.
- What's more stressful than work? Being unemployed.
- Yes, I just took a coffee break 15 minutes ago. Yes, I'm going to take another one right now. Staying caffeinated is in my job description.
- You can't have success without a little stress!
- As soon as I have one task I really don't want to do, I find out how productive I am at other tasks!
- You don't actually have to be the smartest in the room, you just need to know the most corporate buzzwords.
Sarcastic Quotes About Work
Everybody feels a little cynical about work sometimes. If you don't, congratulations and job well done! Oh wait, that was sarcasm. Here are some more sarcastic quotes that you might find a little too relatable.
- There are two kinds of people in the world: people who hate their jobs and people who are lying to themselves.
- You'll always be remembered for how quickly you responded to work emails.
- Whose turn is it to propose a time-consuming change that will improve absolutely nothing?
- Right about now you're wishing you actually took that Excel course you put on your resume.
- Your hard work will pay off! In the form of more work.
- Yes, I'd love to attend a meeting that most definitely could be an email.
- How do you say "I haven't had enough coffee for this" but professionally?
- Sure boss, I'd love more work and responsibility at the same rate of pay.
- My current side hustle is applying to other companies I'd rather be working for.
Short Funny Office Sayings
Sometimes saying less makes a bigger statement - just like these short quotes! Perfect for an Instagram caption or sending to your coworker to make them giggle in the next cubicle over.
- Work hard; happy hour harder.
- Welcome to buzzword boulevard!
- Please suppress your special requests.
- Read my lips: no new tasks.
- Will smile for a raise.
- Let's circle back to that idea never.
- Leave me alone; I'm in my de-stress zone.
- It's happy hour somewhere.
- This isn't a team. It's a coven.
- That task is going to require more coffee.
Funny Quotes About Work Colleagues
Whether you adore your co-workers and your work family, or you wonder how in the world they ever got through the screening process, you'll probably find that these quotes are scary accurate.
- If we're such a dream team, why don't we get to take naps at work?
- Never be the person who gets grounds in the break room coffee.
- We're stuck together until one of us gets fired!
- Work colleagues are your companions on the career path of life.
- Whose boss is better than mine? Seriously. Whose? I need a new boss!
- Don't work so hard! You'll make the rest of us look lazy.
Hilarious Famous Quotes About Work
Don't think you're alone if you feel like work life is a little ridiculous sometimes. It's a shared experience and people have been talking - and making jokes about it - for years! Here are some famous quotes throughout the decades that prove that everyone has thoughts on jobs and working, whether they're positive or negative.
"No man goes before his time... unless the boss leaves early." - Groucho Marx
"The only thing that ever sat its way to success was a hen." - Sarah Brown
"If each day is a gift, then I'd like to know where I can return Mondays." - John Wagner
"If you think your boss is stupid, remember: you wouldn't have a job if he was any smarter." - John Gotti
"You can't have a million dollar dream with a minimum wage worth ethic." - Zig Ziglar
"All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence; then success is sure." - Mark Twain
"By working faithfully 8 hours a day you may eventually get to be boss and work 12 hours a day." - Robert Frost
"Hard work never killed anybody, but why take a chance?" - Edgar Bergen
"Oh, you hate your job? Why didn't you say so? There's a support group for that. It's called everybody, and they meet at the bar." - Drew Carey
"Coworkers are like Christmas lights. They hang together, half of them don't work and the other half aren't so bright." - Anonymous
Pep Up the Workplace With Some Funny Quotes
Sometimes the only thing that'll get you through the workday is a quote that speaks to your experience with a side of humor. Just be sure that anyone you share them with also shares your sense of humor!