Thanksgiving is a treasured holiday for celebrating family, food, and fun. Spend some time away from meal prep and turkey carving to share plenty of smiles with the ones you hold most dear. One of these funny Thanksgiving quotes is bound to describe your holiday experience perfectly.
Funny Thanksgiving Quotes All About Family
Family truly makes any holiday gathering special. Your brood is one interesting bunch; and when everyone gets together, laughter is sure to ensue. Celebrate your funny family with one of these Thanksgiving quotes centered around smiles.
- I don't know what I love more, pumpkin pie or this family. It's a toss-up.
- This gang puts the "fun" in dysfunctional every Thanksgiving.
- 'Tis the season to be grateful. Like how I am grateful that these relatives leave after the pie is served.
- No one gets cranberry "sauced" like this family of mine.
- This family has two things in common: love for each other and love for turkey and pie.
- Our family Thanksgivings are full of love, laughter, and gravy.
- We are a family bonded by our love of Thanksgiving dinner, our gratefulness for family, and our matching stretchy pants.
- This family lets the gourd times roll on Thanksgiving.
Famous Funny Thanksgiving Quotes
These famous faces know a thing or two about making people laugh with respect to Turkey Day. Weave one of their iconic quotes into your next Thanksgiving gathering.
- "You can tell you ate too much for Thanksgiving when you have to let your bathrobe out." - Jay Leno
- "Thanksgiving is an emotional holiday. People travel thousands of miles to be with people they only see once a year. And then discover once a year is way too often." - Johnny Carson
- "Thanksgiving, man. Not a good day to be my pants." - Kevin James
- "I come from a family where gravy is a beverage." - Erma Bombeck
- "Thanksgiving is a time to count your blessings, one by one, as each relative goes home." - Melanie White
- "Vegetables are a must on a diet. I suggest carrot cake, zucchini bread, and pumpkin pie." - Jim Davis
- "If you wish to make an apple pie truly from scratch, you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan
Smile-Inducing Thanksgiving Quotes Based on Food
On Thanksgiving, the meal is the star of the show. Break out the stretchy pants and the laughs with one of these funny Thanksgiving quotes.
- This family is about to gobble until we wobble.
- Keep calm and turkey on.
- Thanksgiving is the one day each year where I switch from beast-mode to feast-mode.
- No fighting at the dinner table, unless it's over the last piece of pie.
- Love is sharing the Thanksgiving leftovers.
- Today, all I require is my family and a fork.
- The only thing better than Thanksgiving dinner is knowing the leftovers are waiting for me tomorrow.
Giggle-Worthy Thanksgiving Quotes for Kids
Adults can become so wrapped up in preparing and hosting the holidays that they forget to focus on what is truly important: the little ones. Give the gift of giggles to the younger crowd at your Thanksgiving bash with one of these silly quotes.
- There is no place I would rather be on Thanksgiving than here with these little turkeys.
- Thanksgiving is the one day a year my kids will do whatever I want. All it takes is bribing them with plenty of pie.
- Of all my blessings, it is these cutie pies I am most grateful for.
- Thanksgiving: A day where parents find it completely acceptable to let kids eat all the pie they want.
- Thanksgiving is the one day a year where the kids get to stay awake, but the parents need to lie down and nap.
- My kids are the gravy to my turkey, the pumpkin spice to my latte, and the apple of my pie.
- Miles of smiles with this little butterball.
- Thanksgiving is a favorite holiday of children because most of the foods on their dinner plates come in some shade of beige.
Celebrate the Holiday With Humor
Bond with your family using a bit of witty humor. Pair fun Thanksgiving quotes with the food, football, and family festivities. Be sure to savor the day and remember that this is a time to gather and be grateful for all you have.