Resilience means having the capability to overcome adversity, recover from difficulty, and spring back into shape. To be resilient is an essential quality to a person's being, and these resilience quotes help remind everyone they hold the power to get up and try again. Don't let anything hold you back from your greatness.
Resilience Quotes to Help You Overcome Hardship or Fear
Life is packed with hardships; and everyone will face woe at some point in their lifetime. You can't avoid the difficult times, but you can learn to bounce back from them, proving your resilience when faced with adversity. These resilience quotes will aid anyone trying to overcome their hardships.
- When you are struggling, remember that you have the strength to overcome your challenges.
- Fear is intense, but not as intense as your drive to succeed.
- Fear can own you, or you can own it. Choose the latter.
- To develop resilience in the face of adversity signifies growth.
- You might be dented, scratched, and scarred, but you are not broken.
- Resilience is the motion of moving forward, maybe a mile, maybe an inch. The distance doesn't matter as much as the direction.
- Fear of failure is all too common. Face it, fight it, and be extraordinary simply in the process of trying.
- Resilience is your armor against hardship and failure.
- In the face of adversity, be a willow tree. Bend, but don't break.
- If you find yourself in the dark, look for the sliver of light and keep moving toward it.
Famous Quotes on the Power of Resilience
These famous words reflect the fighting human spirit. No matter what you are currently going through, these resilience quotes can help you power through the storms of life.
- "You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it." - Margaret Thatcher
- "Sometimes carrying on, just carrying on, is the superhuman achievement." - Albert Camus
- "Do not judge me by my success, judge me by how many times I fell down and got back up again." - Nelson Mandela
- "Rock bottom became the solid foundation in which I rebuilt my life." - J.K. Rowling
- "She stood in the storm, and when the wind did not blow her way, she adjusted her sails." - Elizabeth Edwards
- "Turn your wounds into wisdom." - Oprah Winfrey
- "Resilience is knowing that you are the only one that has the power and the responsibility to pick yourself up." - Mary Holloway
- "Life doesn't get easier or more forgiving; we get stronger and more resilient." - Steve Maraboli
- "I can be changed by what happens to me. But I refuse to be reduced by it." - Maya Angelou
- "When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves." - Viktor E. Frankl
Resilience Quotes for Kids
Learning to try again and persist in the face of adversity is an important lesson to instill in today's youth. These quotes help remind kids that everyone falls down at one point or another; and even when it feels like you can't get back up again, you can!
- Failure isn't the end. It's the beginning of a new success.
- You never run out of chances to try. It costs nothing to give it another go.
- All you need to achieve your dreams sits inside of you right now.
- Everyone fails; but not everyone is strong enough and brave enough to try again.
- Failure isn't a setback. It is a set up for future success.
- Not all breaks are bad. You can break a cycle or break a record. Sometimes, breaking is good.
- If something was hard, and it made you better, be grateful for it. That experience made you the strong, resilient person you are today.
- Problems will always be there. You can run from them, or you can choose to solve them. Resilience is created from the latter.
- You can fail 100 times and then succeed, or fail zero times and then succeed. Either way, the end result is the same.
- Courage lives inside of you. It can't be taken, and it can't run out. It is there for you to use as a weapon against adversity.
Resilience Quotes for a Broken Heart
Even when your heart shatters, find solace in your ability to foster resilience within yourself. Remember, broken doesn't mean ruined. Rise up from the ashes and know that the hurt won't last forever, and you'll come out better than before.
- Take a shattered heart and rebuild it stronger and more beautiful than it was before.
- You think you'll never love again, but you will; stronger and harder than ever before.
- The pain of a broken heart won't kill you. You'll live and love again.
- Let a lost love go to make room for a new, all-consuming love you so deserve.
- Mourn the love lost, embrace the lessons learned.
- You can be the victim of a broken heart or the victor of true love someday.
Short Quotes on Resilience
A few simple words can remind you who you are and what you were meant to do in this world. When times are tough, let your resilience shine through, showing strength and character through just a few words.
- Be a diamond and shine under pressure.
- If it deserves one last try, it's worth trying.
- Resilience is a workout for the spirit.
- Follow each fall with a fresh beginning.
- With every fall, you bounce back higher.
- You decide how strong you are, no one else.
- Face adversity with confidence in who you are.
- The sting of failure is cured by future success.
- The bigger the challenge, the sweeter the victory.
Practice Resilience for a Better Life
You will have to draw on your inner strength and be resilient in the wake of hardship and adversity throughout your life. Remind yourself that you are capable of far more than what you assume, and you have the power inside of you to face fears, carry on, and create an even better version of yourself.