Self-esteem doesn't have to come from other people. Sometimes the best way to give yourself a boost involves stating out loud just how awesome you really are. Not only will this help you build your own self-esteem, but you just might also inspire others to recognize your value. Get started spreading some self-love and boosting your confidence by selecting - and sharing! - your favorite self-love captions from the list below.
Self-Love Captions for Selfies
Looking to caption a photo of yourself for Instagram or your other social media profiles? Your self-esteem will come through loud and clear when you opt for one of the self-love selfies below.
- I'm partial to me.
- Actively evolving.
- I am a work of art.
- Always becoming.
- Dignity defines me.
- More than sufficient.
- Feeling the self-love.
- Worthy of self-love.
- I am always enough.
- Tooting my own horn.
- Embracing the real me.
- I am worthy of respect.
- Getting out of my own way.
- Be the one you love the most.
- Self-acceptance is my superpower.
Short Encouraging Self-Love Captions
Whether you're posting first-person captions about yourself or if you're sharing about self love to help others boost their esteem, you only need one line of text with a powerful message.
- Appreciate you.
- Accept yourself.
- Person, respect thyself.
- Embrace all that you are.
- Be your own best friend.
- You can become your best self.
- Self love fits me like a glove.
- Think the world of yourself.
- Comfortable in my own skin.
- Be your own loudest cheerleader.
- Share a little love with yourself.
- You are who you were meant to be.
- I can see my value even if you don't.
- If you don't see my value, that is your loss.
- When you love yourself, all things are possible.
Powerful Self-Love Affirmations
If you need a confidence boost or want to make others aware that they won't be getting away with undervaluing you, the affirmations below provide a powerful way for you to make your point.
- I matter.
- I add value.
- Getting real.
- I am worthy.
- I am priceless.
- I am powerful.
- I am an original.
- I am worthwhile.
- My life has value.
- I'm worth waiting for.
- I am more than enough.
- I have something to say.
- I am who I am supposed to be.
- I am who and what I need to be.
- The world is a better place because I am in it.
Journey to Self Love Quotes
Self love doesn't just happen overnight. It can take time to build up confidence and strengthen self esteem. The quotes below are intended to help shine a light on the journey to self-love.
- Dote on yourself.
- Invest in yourself.
- Recovering self critic.
- Discover your lovableness.
- Self actualization underway.
- Learn to appreciate yourself.
- Proud to be a work in progress.
- Love of self starts with acceptance.
- Stepping into a judgment-free zone.
- The path to self love starts with respect.
- How do I love me? Let me count the ways.
- Inventory your worth and own your value.
- The faith you place in yourself is never misguided.
- When you align your actions to your vision, you can do everything.
- You have the power to change your world. Start by loving yourself.
Empowering Self-Love Captions
Empower yourself or someone else to aspire to (and achieve) love of self with the inspirational quotes below.
- Advocate for yourself.
- Self care is worth the effort.
- There's no love like self-love.
- Self regard is your superpower.
- Self love sets the stage for success.
- Be your own staunchest supporter.
- Making my way to self actualization.
- Fiercely love yourself for all that you are.
- Be the master of your own approval rating.
- Of all the people in the world, I get to be me.
- It's not arrogant to own your best qualities. It's accurate.
- From your strengths to your flaws, love yourself - love it all.
- Others will value you only to the extent that you value yourself.
- You have to love yourself before you can truly love anyone else.
- You have to love yourself before you can really experience love from or for another person.
Self-Love Captions for Girls
Self love can be particularly challenging for little girls and young women. Share captions that will help them learn to accept and love themselves exactly as they are.
- A girl's best friend is herself.
- There's no such thing as "just a girl."
- A girl's greatest asset is her self esteem.
- Girls like you make the world go around.
- Girl, you have the power to love yourself.
- Who rules the world? You - and other girls!
- Be proud of the things that make you unique.
- The girl in the mirror will never let you down.
- Be proud to walk to the beat of your own drum.
- When you treasure yourself, others will follow suit.
- Mirror, mirror on the wall, who is the bravest of them all?
- You have the power to chart your own course. Start from a place of love for yourself.
- The sooner you fall in love with yourself, the faster you'll grow up to change the world.
Famous Sayings About Self Love
Self love is often discussed in the literature, music, and pop culture. Explore a selection of quotes about this important topic, as told by famous authors, musicians, and other public figures.
- "I love you, but I love me more." Samantha Jones, Sex and the City
- "Give yourself permission to be your authentic self." - Dr. Phil McGraw
- "You are the captain of your soul." - Oprah Winfrey
- "There's nothing wrong with who you are." - Jessie J, Who You Are
- "I don't mean to brag, I don't mean to boast/ I love all y'all, but I love me the most." Meghan Trainor, I Love Me
- "How can you love if you don't love yourself?/ If you don't love yourself/ You can't love no one else." - The Script, If You Don't Love Yourself
- "I'm on the right track, baby, I was born this way" - Lady Gaga, Born This Way
- "I am beautiful no matter what they say/ Words can't bring me down/ I am beautiful in every single way." - Christina Aguilera, Beautiful
- "Don't call it a comeback,/ I been here for years." - LL Cool J, Mama Said Knock You Out
- "The greatest love of all/ Is easy to achieve/ Learning to love yourself. It is the greatest love of all." - Whitney Houston, The Greatest Love of All
- "Dare to love yourself / as if you were a rainbow / with gold at both ends." - Aberjhani, Journey through the Power of the Rainbow
- "This above all: To thine own self be true'." - William Shakespeare, Hamlet
Share the Self Love
From image captions to status updates, it's great to incorporate sayings about self-love into your social media presence. For even more options, explore this collection of 85 self-confidence quotes to inspire belief in yourself.