Congrats on becoming a new mother! Motherhood is truly one of life's most incredible experiences. Celebrate the good, the trying, and everything in between with a new mom quote that highlights the struggles and the successes, while capturing all the emotions.
Funny New Mom Quotes
Sure, being a new mom has rough moments, but it also has hilarious ones. Celebrate the snuggles and the giggles with a few funny new mom quotes.
- Being a new mom changes everything; for example, your new everyday accessory is suddenly spit-up.
- New moms, remember, someday you will miss all of this, except the sleeplessness. No one misses that!
- Being a new mother will make you want to call your own mom and apologize profusely.
- New moms don't get adequately warned about that first month, because no one would ever have babies again if they did.
- There should be a newborn baby smelling candle, for there is no greater scent on earth than a brand new life.
Famous New Mom Quotes
These famous parents know a thing or two about the early days of motherhood. Let their words of parental wisdom comfort or entertain you. Moms, we are all in this together!
- "You never know how much your parents loved you until you have a child to love." - Jennifer Hudson
- "Being a mom has made me so tired. And so happy." - Tina Fey
- "Making the decision to have a child - it is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." - Elizabeth Stone
- "Having children just puts the whole world into perspective. Everything else just disappears." - Kate Winslet
- "The life of a mother is the life of a child: you are two blossoms on a single branch." - Karen Maezen Miller
- "There really are places in the heart you don't even know exist until you love a child." Anne Lamott
- "Being a mother is learning about strengths you didn't know you had, and dealing with fears you didn't know existed." - Linda Wooten
Soul Soothing New Mom Quotes
When the sleep is short, the days long, and the baby is restless, draw on a few soul-soothing quotes to remind you that hard days will come and go, and it's totally normal to have moments where you feel like you are in the weeds.
- Never doubt how incredible you are. You grew a human, and that is no small feat.
- Newborn babies remind us that the biggest treasures often come in very small packages.
- Babies prove that dreams come true, miracles exist, and the world is a magical, wonderful place.
- Your newborn baby stays in your arms but for a short time, yet remains in your heart for eternity.
- When you become a new mother, every emotion is incomprehensibly amplified.
- An entire day spent staring at your baby is never a waste of your time.
- And just like that, you gave birth to your best friend.
- Having a baby makes you see life through an entirely different lens.
- All new moms doubt themselves. Trust your gut, your heart, and know you are doing just fine.
Short and Inspiring Quotes for New Mothers
Short and simple words of encouragement can be just what a new mom needs to power through the day, recharge her battery, or remember that she is totally capable and she's got this!
- Don't doubt. You were made to be this child's mother.
- With their birth, love took on a new definition.
- A tiny baby makes the largest impact on your soul.
- Holding your baby is the most complete you'll ever be.
- Every day remember: you are a good mom.
New Mom Quotes That Celebrate the Small Victories
Sometimes in parenting, you have to celebrate the little accomplishments. Whether it's getting through a day without crying, or finding the time to do a single load of laundry, celebrate every little mom win you can with an encouraging quote.
- If all you did today was keep baby and you alive, then you did amazing!
- New moms, if your shirt is on right-side-out and your socks match today, then you are a winner.
- Every new mom has her fair share of down days. Celebrate the good days, accept the bad days will come, and know this is all part of the journey.
- There is no handbook or map for parenting, so the fact that you are all thriving is pretty astounding.
- Through the tired, the trying, and the tears, know that you are enough.
Quotes for Sleepless New Moms
Every mother's journey is unique, but new moms all share one thing in common: sleeplessness. These new mommy quotes remind all that sheer exhaustion is part of the gig.
- If you become a new mom during the fall season, great news! No Halloween costume needed; you are a 24 hour per day zombie anyhow.
- There is nothing in the universe more beautiful than your precious baby, except maybe a four-hour stretch of sleep.
- Whoever coined the term "sleep like a baby" clearly was NOT a parent.
- Remember in your most exhausted new parenting moments: people can do hard things.
- The mere fact that you can function on this little sleep proves that new moms really are superheroes.
- Snuggle now, sleep later.
Welcome to Motherhood!
It's the craziest hood you will ever enter! No matter your personal parenting journey, we can all agree on one thing: becoming a new mother is a life-changing experience. Enjoy the ride, roll with the punches, and remember that the newborn days fly by in the blink of an eye. Before you know it, that newborn baby will be a teenager, gearing up to leave the nest! The days (and nights) may feel long, but the years really are so short.