No one knows about being tired more than a parent. They are on 24 hours a day, seven days a week for decades, with no break or rest in sight. If you are burning the candle at both ends while taking care of your brood, know you are not alone. Parents are all in the same boat, just trying to do their best while not falling asleep from the sheer exhaustion of taking on the most challenging job in the world. These quotes about being tired are about the most relatable thing in the world to a sleepy parent, or anyone who knows the feeling of exhaustion all too well.
New Parent Quotes About Being Tired
There is no human on earth more tired than the parent of a new baby. Babies are notoriously poor sleepers, and when one joins the family, everyone will be giving up some snoozing. If you find that your newborn is keeping you up all hours of the night, read these quotes to keep your mind occupied as you rock them back to sleep.
- There is nothing more beautiful than the sight of a newborn baby... and the sight of your big, comfy bed.
- When you look at your newborn, you know that they are the only thing in the world worth feeling this tired over.
- You can spot a new parent easily. Just look for a person so tired that they are wearing their shirt on backwards and two different shoes while rocking an object that is not their baby.
- The single best gift you can give a new parent is an hour of childcare so they can rest.
- Is it weird to be jealous of my sleeping newborn?
- Sweet baby, as tired as I am, I will never tire of you.
- The only good reason to live without sleep is a baby.
Famous Quotes for the Tired Soul
These famous words are all about being tired. Whether funny, serious, or enlightening, famous quotes on being exhausted remind us all to keep going, no matter how tired we become.
- "Being a mom has made me so tired. And so happy." - Tina Fey
- "I am sick and tired of being sick and tired." - Fannie Lou Hammar
- "When I'm tired, I rest. I say, 'I can't be a superwoman today.'" - Jada Pinkett Smith
- "The bags under my eyes were definitely well past the carry-on limit." - Sarah Gailey
- "There is no sunrise so beautiful that it is worth waking me up to see it." - Mindy Kaling
- "People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one." - Leo J. Burke
- "A day without a nap is like a cupcake without frosting." - Terri Guillemets
- "I am tired of being tired and talking about how tired I am." - Amy Poehler
- "Don't stop when you are tired. Stop when you are done!" - Brayden Brad
- "Early to bed and early to rise - or the boss'll promote the other guys." - Wolfgang Mieder
Funny Quotes About Being Tired
When things are rough and you feel like you are too tired to continue, you may find that you might end up crying if you don't laugh! Turn your frustrations about being exhausted upside down and make fun of it all with a few funny quotes on being oh so tired.
- It is easy to get eight hours of sleep as a parent. It might take you five days to accumulate those eight hours, but achievable nonetheless.
- You can tell how many kids a parent has by counting the bags under their eyes.
- No one can imagine the concept of falling asleep while standing up, except a parent. They can imagine it all too well.
- A well-rested parent is the most fictional concept that has ever been imagined.
- As a parent, the scariest thought in the world is having to do this job without coffee.
- If you meet a mom friend who says they are never tired. Run. You don't need that type of lying toxicity in your life.
- The eighth wonder of the world is a parent who isn't tired.
- I'm not ignoring you. I'm in energy conservation mode.
- Know how people say the body is made up of 60 percent water? My body is made up of about 10 percent water and 90 percent tired.
- When people ask me what my style is, I tell them it is Tired, by House of Exhaustion. I wear it every season, every year.
Short Quotes on Parenthood and Exhaustion
These quotes about being tired are short, just like the dream nap that you desperately wish you could score. Imagine what a thirty-minute slumber would feel like? Heaven, that's what.
- Sleep is for the weak... or the lucky.
- Well-rested parents are as common as a glittery unicorn.
- Parents, sleep will come... in about 18 years.
- You are tired, but you are strong.
- Most of the world's problems could be solved with a solid snooze.
Inspirational Quotes to Keep You Going When You Are Out of Gas
You're tired. Your eyes are drooping. Your limbs are heavy, and it's not even lunchtime. You have a long way to go before you can finally hit the sheets, so keep these inspirational quotes on pushing through the exhaustion at the forefront of your foggy mind. You can do it!
- If you can do all of this while running on empty, imagine what you will be capable of once you have a full tank of gas and a nap!
- Being completely exhausted does not make you a bad parent. It simply makes you a parent.
- No matter how tired and run down you are, know you are a good person who is doing your best. And that is enough.
- You might be tired, you might not be at your best, but you are still really incredible.
- The haze of exhaustion will not last forever, but the love for your little sleep thief will.
Quotes Devoted to the Elusive Nap
Once upon a time, you napped. You snoozed mid-morning on a Sunday, you slumbered after work before heading out with friends, and you dotted your Saturdays will a little shut-eye on the couch. Those napping days come to a screeching halt once you become a parent. Don't you wish you could go back in time and take more wonderful naps? Oh, to just stop and sleep! Those were the days.
- I dream of naps.
- Since becoming a parent, I have had the same wish on my Christmas list: a nap.
- I love nothing more than my child, but a nap comes in close at second place.
- Ever wonder what a parent is thinking about? It's naps. They are thinking of naps.
- I used to dream of being a parent. Now I dream of taking a nap.
- If I rubbed a bottle and a genie popped out, I would yell, "NAP!" before he took a single breath.
Exhaustion and Parenthood Go Hand in Hand
Being tired is to parenthood what peanut butter is to jelly. The two go hand in hand. Know that walking through life, feeling as if you might fall asleep at any given moment, is all part of the parenting gig. It won't last forever, though. Someday the kids will be grown and gone, and you can sleep as much as you want! For now, however, take comfort in knowing all parents feel achingly run down deep in their bones, daydream of snuggly sheets and pillows, and wonder if a nap is something they dreamed up, something that maybe existed in a previous life.