When you think of a mother's love, different things might come to mind. It can be a love knows no boundaries. It can be a blessing without measure, a tenderness that lasts forever. Or, you might think of all the little moments that add up to a lot of sacrifice. When you want words to capture it all, browse this list of quotes expressing a mother's love, not only for Mother's day, but every day of the year.
Beautiful Quotes About a Mother's Unconditional Love
A mother's love is unique, and unlike any other kind of love you will ever know. Share these unconditional love quotes to show how inspiring and beautiful her love really is:
- A mother's love is unconditional and everlasting.
- A mother's love is a special bond between a mother and her child that can never be broken.
- Mothers will give up their own happiness for the sake of their children.
- The love a mother has for her children cannot be measured or described in words.
- A mother's love is as big as the sky and as deep as the ocean.
- Mothers do everything for their children without expecting anything in return.
- We could all learn something from a mother's unconditional love.
- Being a mother is a job that is 24/7, 365 days a year.
- There is no force on Earth more powerful than a mother's love.
- Memories of moments shared with a mother will last forever.
- The mother and child bond begins with the pregnancy and continues throughout your child's life.
Quotes About the Love Between Mother and Son
A mother's love for her son might go far beyond words. For the mom who will always be there for him, no matter what happens in life, these quotes can work perfectly:
- The bond between mother and son is unlike any other.
- A mother's love is the foundation of their son's life.
- A mother's love for her son is beyond description.
- No matter how old or grown up a boy becomes, his mom will always see him as her little boy.
- The bond between a mother and son is unbreakable.
- The relationship between a mother and son is one of the strongest and most loving bonds in the world.
- A mother's love for her son is like no other love that exists.
- The relationship a son has with his mother is possibly the most important relationship he will ever have in his lifetime.
- A mother's love for her son is like nothing else in the world.
- Mothers want nothing more than to see their sons happy, fulfilled, and successful in life.
Loving Quotes About the Mother and Daughter Bond
The mother-daughter bond often begins the moment she meets her daughter, and for many, it's a super special, one-of-a-kind relationship. These sweet mother-daughter quotes capture it all:
- A mother is a daughter's best friend.
- Mothers are their daughter's truest friend, their confidant, and their teacher.
- A mother's love for her daughter is both powerful and complicated.
- A mother will always be there for her little girl, no matter what.
- When it comes to relationships, there are few that are as important as the one between a mother and her daughter.
- A mother's love for her daughter knows no end.
- There is nothing quite like the love shared between a mother and her daughter.
- A mother's love for her daughter is a feeling that is so deep and so strong, it can never be described in words.
- A mother's love for her daughter is the most beautiful thing in the world.
- Mothers are there for their daughters through thick and thin, standing by them through all their successes and failures.
Short Quotes About a Mother's Love for a Child
No mom is perfect, but the one thing most of them have in common is how much they love their kids. Get inspired with these short quotes about a mom's heart for her children:
- A mother's love for her child = limitless patience.
- Watching a child explore the world fills a mom's heart with love.
- Every moment of chaos is worth the cuddles.
- Just when a mom thinks she can't take any more, her child smiles.
- There's something magical about motherhood.
- The sweet moments with her children fill up a mom's cup.
- A mother's love makes the impossible feel possible.
- A mother's love is like the breeze on a hot day.
- Reading the same book 100 times = a mother's love.
Funny Motherly Love Quotes
Being a mother is very rewarding and can also be quite hilarious at times. If you're a parent, you know what we're talking about. For a little chuckle, check out these funny motherly love quotes!
- It's hard to keep a straight face when your child does something you would have done.
- True love is a mother who kisses the face that just threw up on her.
- Mothers are very good at sharing until it's past bedtime, and it's their only chance to eat their candy.
- Without Mom, the entire house would crumble and no one would know what to do.
- Mothers will bake cookies with late notice, but what she doesn't tell you is she stole half the cookie dough while doing it.
- Mothers can make an entire meal with literally nothing in the cabinets.
Quotes About Mothers as Their Child's First Teacher
Mothers usually teach their kids a lot - and they teach them out of their love. They might be the first teachers kids ever know, and can help teach future generations lessons they can't learn inside of a classroom. We love these quotes to give mothers the credit they deserve:
- Mothers instill lessons that last a lifetime.
- Mothers are people who everyone looks to for guidance and support.
- My mother taught me how to treat everyone with kindness.
- Mothers provide wise lessons to not only their children, but all children in the community.
- Your mother is the first person who will teach you how to reach for the stars.
- A mother's teachings will last a lifetime.
- To honor your mother, use what she taught you.
- Mothers teach their children how to see the world.
- A mom's love isn't just making the cake, it's teaching her kids how to make it.
Famous Quotes About a Mother's Love
Of course, there are plenty of famous quotes about a mother's love too. A mother's love in immeasurable. Check out what we found:
- "Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved." - Erich Fromm
- "He didn't realize that love as powerful as your mother's for you leaves its own mark." J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
- "To thee, my mother, shall this lay belong, Whose life is spent in toil and care for me." Lucretia Maria Davidson, "To My Mother"
- "You gave me the roots to start this life/ And then you gave me wings to fly.." Jim Brickman, "A Mother's Love"
"A mother's love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity. It dares all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path." - Agatha Christie, The Last Seance
Choose a Quote to Reflect Her Love and Sacrifice
Whether you're choosing a quote for yourself, a friend, or a family member, these are sure to provide you with a sense of adoration for mothers worldwide. A mother is not like any other person in the world; their unconditional love and sacrifice are priceless. Choose a quote that resonates the most with you, especially if you're adding it as a caption for a photograph.