If you can't get goofy with your family, then who can you really be silly with? Celebrate the ones you love with these funny family quotes guaranteed to draw out plenty of giggles and smiles. Laughter truly is the best medicine!
Funny Family Quotes That Describe Parenthood to a Tee
Parenthood is one wild trip, and sometimes you have to laugh at the craziness that comes along with the most beautiful journey in the world. These quotes on family from a parent's perspective will make every mom and dad out there say, "Yep! Me too!"
- Nothing in life can scare me; I'm a parent.
- Being a parent means committing to passing out snacks, looking for LEGO figures, and repeating yourself constantly for eighteen-plus years.
- There is nothing I'd rather do than raise these kids, except maybe take a nap.
- Parenting with a partner means one of you takes the kids on, while the other hides in the bathroom with a sleeve of Oreos.
- I am so glad we are raising this family together, because the mere thought of doing it all alone terrifies me.
- We created this band of little monsters, and we have no one to blame but ourselves.
- It is a really good thing these kids are cute.
- There is so much I love about our little family, especially the part where they all fall asleep.
- This family runs on love, laughter, and several Happy Meals a week.
- Children are the spice of life, but that spice is like ghost pepper level.
Funny Celebrity Quotes on Family
These famous people know a thing or two about humor and family, and their hilarious words prove that!
- "I grew up with six brothers. That's how I learned to dance, waiting for the bathroom. - Bob Hope
- "My wife is so analytical with raising kids, and I am not. My feeling is if they turn out good, then that means I was a good daddy and put a lot of effort into it. If they turn out bad, it means they took after her side of the family." - Jeff Foxworthy
- "Having children is like having a bowling alley installed in your brain." - Martin Mull
- "Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family in another city." - George Burns
- "Family ties mean that no matter how much you might want to run from your family, you can't." - Unknown
- "Some family trees bear an enormous crop of nuts." - Wayne Huizenga
- "Children are a great comfort to us in our old age, and they help us reach it faster, too." - John Ruskin
- "Always be nice to your children, because they are the ones who will choose your rest home." - Phyllis Diller
- "Sisters never quite forgive each other for what happened when they were five." - Pam Brown
- "Respect your parents. These guys pay for your internet." - Unknown
Quotes That Paint a Perfect Picture of Your Extended Family
Your extended family is truly something else. They might be wild, quirky, and silly, but no matter what, they are all yours, and you love them endlessly. These giggle-worthy sayings remind everyone that extended family can drive you bonkers, but they are funny people who you couldn't do life without.
- This family is one clown short of a three-ring circus.
- Our family tree is full of saps, nuts, and several bird-brained individuals.
- You cannot choose your family, but you can send them to voicemail.
- If you come to one of our family get-togethers, remember, we warned you.
- If no one else will have us, we will still all have each other.
- I love seeing my gang. I also love when they go back home.
- So glad this family is on my side, because they would make terrifying enemies.
- Keep calm and stop trying to figure out a way out of this crazy clan.
- When neighbors see my extended family all get together, they think, "Welp, there goes the neighborhood."
- Family is like pizza. It's messy, might give you a stomachache, and you can't get enough of it.
- Our family's favorite pastime is trying to convince others we are normal.
Short Funny Family Quotes
These short and funny sayings on family prove that love and laughter make the world go round. It only takes a few simple words to put everything into perspective and shift the focus to silliness and fun.
- The bigger the family, the greater the crazy.
- We are cha-"us."
- Our shared family trait is crazy.
- These people are my kind of nutty.
- Home is where these sillies are.
- Crazy is a trait that doesn't skip generations.
- Family is a gift that came without a receipt. No takebacks.
- This family is sassy, not classy.
- I could never leave my family, they'd find me.
- This family is stuck with glue and DNA.
Cherish Your Family
Life can be stressful, and it's so easy to forget to be goofy, let loose, and love the people around you. Use silly and cute family quotes to highlight your unique family makeup and to show your kin that you genuinely love and cherish the good times you have with them. Appreciate them while they are still here, and make time for the lighthearted moments that color life and make it so beautiful. If you're looking for even more inspiration, we've got some funny sibling quotes for you.