Life is hectic, and try as you might to stay uber-organized and on top of things, sometimes a loved one's birthday squeaks right by you. Just because the big day has come and gone doesn't mean you still can't send your love and kind thoughts their way. These belated birthday wishes might be late in their arrival but are no less meaningful and lovely sentiments to send to a friend.
Funny Belated Birthday Wishes for a Loved One
Give the gift of giggles with these belated birthday wishes. They are so cute and funny that the birthday celebrator won't even remember that they came to a few days post-party.
- Sending birthday love now because you know how I like to be fashionably late!
- Missed your birthday because my secretary forgot to put it on my calendar. (Kidding. I have no secretary, but feel free to hire me one for MY birthday next year. I clearly need help.)
- Oops, I did it again. (Channeling my inner Britney.) Someday I'll send your birthday card ON your birthday. Until then, wishing you a wonderful year.
- So sorry I missed your birthday. If it makes you feel any better, I can barely remember what day of the week it is!
- While being on time is overrated, you, friend, are NOT! I love you and hope you had a great birthday.
- Cheers to a great year from the friend who now owes you a belated birthday beer.
- Thank goodness birthdays come each year, which gives me plenty more opportunities to wish you a happy birthday ON TIME!
- Things that are great: You. Things that are NOT great: My punctuality. Wishing you a fantastic year, and cheers to many more birthdays!
- I hope you partied so hard for your birthday that you forgot I missed it! Sending love and birthday wishes, pal.
Send a Sentimental Belated Birthday Wish
There is no way your birthday blunder won't be forgiven with these sentimental birthday wishes. Sure, you sent them out late, but that doesn't mean your thoughts aren't genuine!
- Feeling terrible about missing your birthday, friend. Please know that I adore you and hope you had a wonderful day.
- Please know that while these birthday wishes are late, I love you no less.
- Birthday buddy, I love everything about you, especially your ability to forgive my forgetfulness. Happy belated bestie.
- Remembering dates is hard to do, but remembering what an amazing friend you are is far easier! Sending belated birthday love your way.
- No one deserves a better birthday than you, and while I'm late on sending you wishes, know that I genuinely hope you have a great year.
Short and Sweet Belated Birthday Wishes
You could write an anthem about how much you love the birthday person, but a few short and sweet words will likely get your message across. These belated birthday wishes are perfect to include in a card, a text, or a social media post.
- Excuse the tardy, hope you partied. Happy belated birthday.
- Missed the actual day, but will celebrate you for the next 364.
- Next year's goal: Send you birthday wishes ON TIME!
- Missed your big day! Now I owe you apologies and an extra nice birthday gift.
- Sending belated birthday love to a beautiful (and hopefully forgiving) friend.
- Sending late birthday wishes to keep the party going all week long!
When It Comes to Birthday Wishes: Better Late Than Never!
So you got caught up in the day-to-day only to realize that a special person in your life had a birthday and you never sent a card or a text! Oof. It happens. Don't let three hundred and sixty-some days go by before you have a chance to set things right. Send a well-thought-out, belated birthday wish to them so they know that while you might have flubbed on their actual birthday, you caught your error and definitely hope they had a great day! As the saying goes, better late than never!