Mickey and Minnie wedding decorations can add playful romanticism to an otherwise formal occasion. Even if you're not getting married at Disney, you can still incorporate this famous cartoon couple into your nuptials.
Mickey and Minnie Wedding Color Scheme
While black and red may be your first thought when it comes to putting together a Mickey and Minnie themed wedding, you aren't limited to those wedding color options. Consider:
- Black and white for a sophisticated take on the theme
- Gold or yellow paired with black or red, since Mickey has gold buttons on his trousers
- Black, white, yellow, and red to incorporate all the colors associated with classic Mickey and Minnie
- Grey or black with pink, as Minnie often appears in a pink dress in modern versions of the cartoon
While the color schemes using black, grey, white, yellows, reds, and sometimes pink are the most common, you really can use any color you want. Just make sure to incorporate a lot of Mickey ears, Minnie bows, and polka dots into the decorations.
Mickey and Minnie Themed Ceremony Decorations
Use fun yet subtle decorations to show your silly side without taking away from the reverence of your wedding day. The mouse couple can be incorporated into your wedding everyone, from utilizing Disney invitations to serving a Disney wedding cake. Decorations will only add to the ambiance of the day.
At the Entrance
Greet guests with signage that features Mickey and Minnie kissing or in wedding attire. This could be in the form of a stand-alone sign or as a garden banner that is stood at the end of the driveway. If it's a nice day, you can add wedding balloons around the door; if the weather doesn't cooperate, add a balloon arch to a wall inside.
Add a few small touches to your ceremony in order to get Mickey and his bride into the setting.
- Purchase a Mickey and Minnie themed guest book and matching pen. Use it at the ceremony and reception to make sure everyone gets to sign it.
- Mickey shaped kissing balls can be hung at the end of each aisle as part of your chair or pew decorations. Add a small bow to every other one for Minnie.
- Swag tulle decorations across the front of the altar or around the sides of an arch. Glue Mickey and Minnie confetti to the tulle before hanging.
- Top your altar bouquets with Mickey and Minnie ears or even hats from the parks.
- Purchase a Mickey or Minnie shaped pillow for the ring bearer to carry.
- Scatter white flower petals on a red aisle carpet to mimic Minnie's iconic polka dot dress.
The reception is where your theme can truly come alive. Whether you want to go with an elegant take with touches of the cartoon characters or fully embrace your theme, there are plenty of ways to get Minnie and Mickey into your reception.
Guest and Head Table Decorations
At the head table, hang white Mickey Mouse lights across the top edge for added elegance and have ear-shaped kissing balls hung across the front of the table. For the guest tables, pick out polka dot tablecloths in red, black, and white to replicate Minnie's dress. Place a long ribbon or table runner through the center to break up the polka dots and add a place to scatter flower petals or candles as centerpieces. Select traditional centerpieces and elegant linens and table settings; this helps you incorporate your theme without getting too kitschy.
If you want centerpieces that reflect your Minne and Mickey theme, you have plenty of options.
- Mouse-ear balloons tied to weights are affordable and easy.
- Set up Mickey and Minnie lamps that double as lighting and centerpieces.
- If your wedding is whimsical, look for plush bride and groom figures to set in the center of tables.
- Top a rounded floral centerpiece with Mickey and Minnie ears.
- Request Mickey and Minnie shaped topiaries for centerpieces from your florist.
- Figurines in the shape of the mouse couple can be placed in the center of your table on cake pedestals.
Disney Traditions by Jim Shore Mickey and Minnie Mouse Figurine
More Decorative Mouse Ideas
Because the reception is as formal or fun as you desire, you are only limited by your imagination for what will make your theme come together. Some special ideas beyond the basic decorations include:
- Hanging paper lanterns or honeycomb balls from the ceiling that are shaped like mouse ears
- Setting up a photo booth area with Mickey and Minnie photo props
- Cutting large mouse ears out of plywood and placing them around the room
- Purchasing colorful napkins that feature the mouse couple
- Buying a Mickey paper garland and hanging it on tables, behind the head table, and around the room
- Letting kids decorate their own cupcakes with bows and ears
Cookies, cupcakes, Jordan almonds, tea lights, Christmas ornaments and more favor ideas can be tied with a Mickey and Minnie themed ribbon. Alternatively, place favors in small black boxes and accent with a red dot for a sophisticated touch. Stack the boxes near the guest book table so everyone is sure to grab one.
The Ultimate Disney Wedding
Planning a fairy tale wedding is fun when you draw on Mickey and Minnie for inspiration. Whether you're traveling to Disney World for your honeymoon or just want to have a fabulous wedding features these famous mice, the day will be magical with Mickey and Minnie!