- ½ pint stout
- ½ ounce Irish cream
- ½ ounce Irish whiskey
- 1½ ounces Jägermeister
- 6 ounces Red Bull
- In a pint glass, add stout.
- In a shot glass, add Irish cream and Irish whiskey.
- In a second pint glass, add Red Bull.
- In a third shot glass, add Jägermeister.
- Drop Irish cream and Irish whiskey shot glass into stout, drinking immediately and rapidly.
- Follow this prompt by dropping Jägermeister into Red Bull and drinking immediately.
Bear Fight Drink Variations
The bear fight shot (also called a bear claw drink) is an exact type of bar-science with a precise sequence of events, but that doesn't mean there aren't a few other ways to approach it. With caution, of course. Instead of an Irish shot, start by having a Baby Guinness shot. It has all the flavor of a Guinness, but in a small shot glass using coffee liqueur and Irish cream.
- Alternatively, make your Jäger bomb into a miniature shot by adding 1 ounce Jägermeister and 1 ounce of Red Bull to a shot glass.
- Use a different energy drink or flavor of Red Bull for a spin on the typical Jäger bomb.
- Cut the recipe in half for a smaller, more approachable portion of each shot.
Considering a Garnish for a Bear Fight Shot
Due to the rapid nature of taking each shot, this is one drink that's better off without a garnish in the way. If you opt to use a Baby Guinness instead of the Irish shot, you can add a tiny sprinkle of ground cinnamon or nutmeg to the top of the shot. Otherwise, speed is the name of the game.
A Look at the Bear Fight Drink
Friends will often spring this shot on unsuspecting individuals who think that they're in for a spicy shot, a tequila shot, or even an extravagant shot similar to a flaming Dr. Pepper. But lo and behold, they receive two shot glasses, two pint glasses, and the pressure to finish all of it quickly. For those who want a slightly lighter night of shots, there are plenty of fun shots out there that don't require double fisting and chugging.
A Dangerous Bear Fight
Make no mistake, taking a round of these shots is up there with the danger of fighting an actual bear. So long as you don't make these shots your whole night, they're a fun way to kick things off quite quickly. Maybe a glass of water would make for an appropriate third step. Next, give some tamer Jägermeister drinks a try.