- In a blender, add ice, rum, lime juice, and simple syrup.
- Blend until desired consistency.
- Pour into margarita or rocks glass.
- Garnish with lime wheel.
Variations and Substitutions
Short of adding flavored liqueurs, the classic frozen daiquiri has plenty of options to mold this frozen cocktail into your ideal package.
- Use lime cordial instead of lime juice for a slightly sweeter lime cocktail flavor that doesn't lose any lime.
- For a tarter daiquiri, use extra lime juice.
- Instead of light rum, test gold or dark rum to find the right flavors for you.
- Replace 1 ounce of rum with pineapple-infused vodka.
- Include a splash of freshly squeezed lemon juice for a tart flavor that doesn't overwhelm the lime notes.
- Give limeade a try in place of lime juice and simple syrup.
The traditional frozen daiquiri calls for a lime wheel garnish, but follow your heart when it comes to the garnish.
- Opt for a lime wedge or slice.
- Use a lemon wheel, wedge, or slice for a brighter color.
- Consider a citrus peel, twist, or ribbon to decorate the frozen daiquiri.
- Braid citrus peels together for a real pop of color and unique touch.
About the Classic Frozen Daiquiri
The classic daiquiri omits the blender and is nothing more than white rum, simple syrup, and lime juice. With this quick and simple original recipe in mind, the classic frozen daiquiri was born. While the classic daiquiri first appeared in the early 1900s, this chilly riff wouldn't appear on the scene until blenders became a semi-staple behind bars.
Some bars continue to use blenders to craft this brisk drink, blending each serving individually. While these may not be as commercially available for home use, making them in a blender leaves more room for customization. However, other bars employ frozen daiquiri machines, making the process of ordering to enjoying seamless and nearly instant.
A Classic Chill
Skip the added syrup and flavors. Instead, head straight into a glass of a classic frozen daiquiri. Its sweet lime flavors will draw you in so fast, you may never look back.