- Chill a martini glass or coupe.
- To prepare rim, rub the rim of the martini glass or coupe with the lemon wedge.
- With the sprinkles on a saucer, dip either half or the entire rim of the glass in the sprinkles to coat.
- In a cocktail shaker, add ice, vanilla vodka, cranberry juice, lemon juice, and grenadine.
- Shake to chill.
- Place cotton candy in prepared glass.
- Strain into prepared glass over cotton candy, allowing it to dissolve.
Variations and Substitutions
There are no limits when it comes to cotton candy martinis.
- To create different colors, skip the cranberry juice and grenadine for white grape juice. Your drink will take on the color of your cotton candy, instead.
- Use cotton candy vodka instead of vanilla.
- Skip the cotton candy if need be.
- Add more or less lemon juice based on how you want your martini to taste.
- For a sweeter martini, add a splash of simple syrup.
Whether you aren't a fan of cocktail rims or you don't have sprinkles on hand, don't fret.
- Add a lemon wheel, wedge, or slice.
- Use a lemon ribbon or twist for a pop of color without adding as much acidity.
- Opt for an orange wheel, slice, ribbon, or twist for a softer citrus touch.
- Pierce a cherry on a cocktail skewer or add to another garnish or two.
About the Cotton Candy Martini
The cotton candy martini, while it can be an everyday martini, might not be a realistic possibility for many. Its bright colors and unique flavor mean it makes for an excellent touch as a signature party drink. It's perfectly balanced sweet with a touch of tart means it will appeal to many.
By swapping the cranberry juice, and skipping the grenadine, and instead using white grape juice, the cotton candy martini can take on any color profile, all that you need to do is pick the color of cotton candy to magically and theatrically transform the cocktail into a colorful concoction. You can even drop different colors in different glasses to make a rainbow of options.
Sugary Sweet, a Wonderful Treat
In a world where it can feel easy to fall into a cocktail rut, the cotton candy martini swoops in to rescue you. Whether you need a mid-week glass of sunshine or you're throwing a party, the cotton candy martini fits the bill.