Strawberry lemonade is a sweet and tart treat that can mean summer to many people. The key to creating such a treat is the addition of strawberry syrup to any lemonade. Whether you love desserts yourself, or you're entertaining others on a summer afternoon, purchase some strawberry syrup for your recipes and see how it's received by young and old alike.
Places to Purchase Strawberry Syrup
You can find strawberry syrup in several major retail locations no matter where you are located. Some of these products are available right at your local grocery store; others will ship right to your door quickly.
Popular strawberry syrup brands include:
- Smucker's: Smucker's, the same company that produces jams and jellies, also makes a strawberry syrup perfect for stirring into lemonade. They use real fruit in their syrup, which helps to give it a fresh, natural flavor without any bitter aftertaste.
- Hershey's Strawberry Syrup: This classic ingredient is readily available, and has a distinctive, crowd-pleasing taste. Many people who mix up strawberry lemonade crave this particular brand, because it reminds them of home. This is an affordable brand that is available at most grocery stores, right alongside the chocolate syrup. Hershey's also makes a sugar-free variety.
- Monin Strawberry Syrup: This mild syrup is somewhat less sweet than other varieties, and it can be easily added to breakfast foods as well as dessert items. This strawberry syrup tastes very much like the fresh fruit, without that overly-processed bite of other strawberry sauces.
- Torani: Torani Strawberry Syrup is a good choice if you will be entertaining diabetics because their sugar-free version has been very well received. This particular syrup is well-loved amongst gourmet foodies, and has an excellent texture for pouring.
- Fox's U-Bet: This extremely inexpensive syrup is restaurant quality and available in bulk, which means that you can easily provide strawberry lemonade for a big crowd at reunions, events, and family gatherings.
- DaVinci Gourmet: DaVinci Gourmet's strawberry syrup is all natural and sweetened with cane sugar, rather than corn syrup, for a light taste. The flavor is very fresh and reminiscent of real strawberries.
How to Make Strawberry Lemonade with Syrup
It's easy to make strawberry lemonade with the addition of strawberry syrup. Depending on which brand of syrup you choose, you may need to play around with the ratio of syrup to lemonade until you hit the right amount. This sample recipe uses the ratio for DaVinci Gourmet strawberry syrup to make three servings of lemonade.
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons strawberry syrup
- Bring the water to a boil in a saucepan on the stove.
- Dissolve the sugar in the boiling water until completely combined.
- Remove the water from the stove and stir in the lemon juice and strawberry syrup.
- Stir well to combine.
- Chill for one hour and serve with ice, fresh lemon and strawberry slices, or some candied mint leaves.
Enjoy This Summertime Favorite
Once you've started adding strawberry syrup to your lemonade, you may never go back. Purchase any of these brands of strawberry syrup and enjoy the taste of summer.