Located in Southern California's Temecula Valley wine region, the Wilson Creek Winery is a beautiful family-owned winery, restaurant, wine shop, and event space that produces quality reds, whites, rosés along with unique sparkling wines.
Visiting the Wilson Creek Winery in Temecula
The Wilson Creek Winery is located at 35960 Rancho California Road in Temecula. When you visit, you can enjoy a full wine and dining experience that includes wine tasting, tours, delicious cuisine, a picnic area, and even luxury lodging at nearby Wilson Creek Manor.
Wilson Creek Winery's tasting room welcomes walk-in visitors and offers a $20 tasting experience. For that, you'll taste five current release wines, receive a logo wine glass, and apply $5 off to any wine purchase. You can also purchase wines by the bottle or glass here to enjoy on the grounds.
Wine Club Members Lounge
If you're a member of the wine club, you can enjoy the exclusive second floor lounge for members only. Here, members can enjoy bar or seated tasting or wines by the glass.
The winery does offer several winery tours each day on the weekends. Reservations are recommended for the one-hour tour plus five wine tasting. The cost is $35 and includes the tasting fee. For non-drinkers, it costs $15. Walk-ins will be allowed on tours on a space availability basis. To make a reservation, reserve online.
The Courtyard Bar & Grill is open to the public weekends from 11:30 AM to 5 PM. It serves small bites and a limited menu to enjoy with your wine, and it also offers cocktails and wine slushies.
The Creekside Grill provides a seasonal menu of local foods along with a wine menu. It's open Monday through Friday from 11 AM to 4 PM, Saturday from 11 AM to 5 PM, and Sunday for brunch from 10 AM to 3 PM.
You can also enjoy strolling the gardens or picnicking there or enjoying a game of bocce ball on the bocce courts. Due to the winery's alcohol license, no outdoor alcoholic beverages are allowed.
Wilson Creek Manor is located on the wine estate. It has nine rooms with spa tubs as well as common areas where guests can gather. It also has landscaped grounds, available kitchen, pool, jacuzzi, and outdoor fire pit.
Weddings, Events, and More
You can also rent spaces at Wilson Creek Winery as a venue for weddings or private events. The 12 on-premises venues accommodate up to 1,000 guests. Learn more by calling (951) 699-9463.
Wilson Creek Winery's Temecula Wines
The winery makes a variety of wines, many that are critically-acclaimed.
- Double Dog Red is a blend of Petite Sirah and Cabernet Sauvignon. It's fruity and spicy and costs around $65.
- There are two Cabernet Sauvignon varietals - Winemakers Select (around $40) and Family Reserve (about $60).
- Cabernet/Zinfandel is a red blend that's full bodied and spicy and costs around $35.
- The winery offers two Zinfandels, Family Reserve (around $6) and Winemaker's Select (about $40).
- Mertiage is California's answer to a Bordeaux blend. This one is a blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, and Cab Franc for about $65.
- ZSM is great for people who want to try something a bit different. It's a blend of Zinfandel, Sangiovese, and Malbec, so it's a powerful, spicy red wine for about $40.
- GSM is a classic Rhône blend of Grenache, Syrah, and Mourvèdre. It costs around $50, and Wine Enthusiast liked the 2017 vintage, rating it 90 points.
- Syrah is juicy and delicate with a lovely balance of fruit and acid. It costs about $50.
- Nero D'Avola is a Sicilian varietal that's fruity and acidic. It costs about $50.
- Malbec packs a red wine punch with deep color and jammy blackberry flavors for about $65.
- Petite Sirah has spicy pepper notes under a core of plum and cherries for about $75.
- Cabernet Franc is lush and spicy with blackberry notes. Expect to pay around $40.
- White Cabernet Sauvignon is a unique wine-drinking experience. It costs about $30.
- Viognier is fragrant and fruity with melon and peach flavors for about $27.
- Chardonnay is buttery thanks to malolactic fermentation. It's $30 per bottle.
- Roussanne is a Rhône white with herbal and pear flavors. You'll pay about $30 per bottle.
- Golden Jubilee is an off-dry white that balances sweetness and acidity. It costs around $25 per bottle.
- Moscato is aromatic and lightly sweet with notes of honeydew melon and mandarin orange. It costs around $25.
- Sauvignon Blanc is grassy and crisp with hints of citrus and grapefruit. It's about $20 per bottle.
Wilson Creek Winery has a number of unique sparkling wines for around $20 per bottle.
- Almond sparkling wine is sweet and lush with the flavors of caramel and marzipan.
- Rosé sparkling wine is a lovely, crisp pink.
- Orange mimosa sparkling wine has interesting orange notes.
- Tahitian vanilla sparkling wine has flavors of vanilla.
- Peach bellini sparkling wine is reminiscent of a bellini, but it's not super sweet.
- Coconut nui sparkling wine is the perfect beach sparkler.
- Yuzu lemon sparkling wine is crisp with citrus flavors.
- Watermelon sparkling wine is a picnic in a bottle.
- Brut sparkling wine is a classic light, dry sparkler.
- Sangria sparkling wine is a lightly sweet, fizzy sangria.
- White Cabernet Sauvignon sparkling wine costs around $40 per bottle.
- Blanc de blancs sparkling wine costs around $30 and is made with Australian Chardonnay.
Wilson Creek Winery Wine Clubs
The winery has several levels of membership in their wine club including bi-monthly releases or semi-annual selections. Wine club members also receive complimentary tastings, wine discounts, and invitations to exclusive events.
Visiting Wilson Creek Winery Temecula
Before you visit the tasting room in the winery, you may want to call in advance as they do close the room on occasion for private parties. Otherwise, if you're planning a tour through California wine country and want to add Wilson Creek to your list, be sure you make it a day trip. Both the tasting room and the restaurant close at 5 p.m.