If you've known your best friend for a long time, then you might communicate mainly through tagging each other on social media posts. Well, there's another kind of tagging in the zeitgeist that you should know about - best friend tag. If you're looking for fun things to do with a friend, try out some best friend tag questions. Start by sending your bestie a question to tag them and wait to see what questions they come up with in response. Toss out the first question from a list of ones you've been dying to know or from this list of our favorites.
Funny Best Friend Tag Questions
If you and your BFF love things like truth or dare questions, these funny tag questions are perfect for you. Tag each other back and forth with a volley of interesting, silly, and downright ridiculous questions that'll get a belly full of laughs out of you both.
- What's the funniest thing I've ever said to you?
- What's the funniest thing I've ever done in your presence?
- Am I more likely to snort, fart, or spit out a drink when I laugh?
- If my personality were a viral meme, which one would it be?
- If I were a cell phone, which one would I be?
- If I had no internet access for a week, what would my days look like?
- Which cartoon character's my doppelgänger?
- If I were on a reality TV show, what would my intro tagline be?
- Which type of dog do I resemble the most?
- Would I look good with a bald head?
- What insect will I be reincarnated into?
- How am I most likely to die IRL while playing VR?
- Which household appliance am I most likely to say I'm in a relationship with?
- If Facebook created a new reaction just for me, what would it look like?
- What song makes me dance no matter where I am when I hear it?
- If life were a horror movie, which stereotypical character would I be?
- Where's the weirdest place I've ever hidden in my house?
- How many days without a message from me would it take before you called the police?
- Which boxed or canned meal am I most likely to mess up cooking?
- How many Oreos could I fit in my mouth at once?
- Which viral challenge is most likely to kill me?
- How long would I survive in the Hunger Games?
- If I could only yell out one word for the rest of my life, which word would I scream?
- How many kids would I be able to keep alive if I were in Bird Box or A Quiet Place?
- Which celebrity of the opposite sex is most like me?
Cute Best Friend Tag Questions
Sometimes, real life's just too overwhelming, and you need a pick me up. What better pick me up than a sweet response from your bestie? If you want to hear saccharine answers from your favorite person, tag them with these cute best friend questions.
- What would your life be like if I weren't your BFF?
- If we were a classic pairing, like PB & J, what would we be?
- Am I cute like a baby animal or cute like a person you'd have a crush on?
- Am I a big spoon or a little spoon?
- Which of us is more likely to make someone say, "Awww?"
- Which of us is more generous?
- Which of us is most likely to help an old lady cross the street?
- Which of us is most likely to rescue a kitten stuck in a tree?
- Which of us used the phrase "best friend" to describe the other first?
- Do you think you could live without me?
- If we were trapped in a quarantine house, would you want anyone else there besides me?
- If I moved away, would we still be best friends?
- Is there anyone in the world you love more than me?
- What would our celebrity BFF couple name be?
- If we were conjoined twins, would you ever want to be separated?
- What is the cutest thing we've ever done together?
- "BFF" is a term used by basic best friends, and we're not basic, so what term should we use to describe our friendship?
- What famous quote best sums up who I am?
- If I were a superhero who would I be?
- If we were babies and we couldn't talk, what would we do together?
- Am I relationship material?
- If a guy/girl broke up with me, what would you tell them they'll be missing out on most?
- What is your ideal BFF date with me?
- Would you wear matching shirts with me every day for a year?
- How much do you miss me when we're apart?
- Where will our friendship be in ten years?
Interesting Best Friend Tag Questions
As they always say, you never really know someone. But to us, that sounds like a challenge we're willing to take on. Get to know your best friend better than anyone else with these probing questions. If you can't create a dating profile for your bestie (with in-character responses and all) based on how well you know them, then the first thing on your list should be asking them these interesting questions and remembering their answers.
- What kind of smart am I?
- If I invented a social media site, what would it be called?
- What would my fighter pilot call-sign be?
- If I could change one thing about myself, what would it be?
- What are the three things I need to have in my locker at all times?
- How many apps do I have on my phone?
- Which app on my phone would I be most embarrassed for people to see?
- Am I more like my dad or my mom?
- Which fictional character to I secretly wish I could become?
- If I were in Jumanji, which game character would I be?
- Can I solve a Rubic's Cube?
- Have I ever finished a video game without using cheats?
- Do I like taking selfies?
- If I had to choose, would I pick an all girls/all boys private school or homeschooling?
- If I were a contestant on The Bachelor/The Bachelorette, how would I introduce myself for the first time?
- What's something I say wrong all the time and don't realize I say it wrong?
- What do I think happens after a person dies?
- Do I think homemade macaroni and cheese better than box mac and cheese?
- Could I ever be a vegan?
- Do I care what the Kardashians do?
- What exotic pet would I hoard?
- Were we destined to be best friends?
- Is it better to have one best friend or a few best friends?
- What color is my aura?
- Could I be a YouTube sensation?
Juicy Questions Only Best Friends Will Reveal
You'll never feel as safe as you do snuggled up with your best friend on a sleepover. No matter if you're 15 or 55, that deep feeling of security never goes away. So, what do you ask the person you know the most about in this world? Only the juiciest questions that make them relive their embarrassing moments, scary encounters, and interesting what ifs to their favorite person around.
Who was your most embarrassing childhood crush?
Is there a lie you told your parents they still haven't found out about? If so, what was it?
What's the wildest excuse you used to get out of work?
What was the most insane thing you overheard an adult say when you were a kid?
What do you think my most annoying trait is?
Who's your least favorite family member?
What's your most unpopular 'hot take'?
What conspiracy do you really wish was actually true?
Have you ever lied to a cop before, and if so, about what?
Who do you regret not asking out the most?
Have you ever discovered someone in a compromising position?
What's the most vivid dream you've ever had?
Describe the scariest supernatural experience you've ever had.
What are you the most scared of not accomplishing before you die?
Hard Tag Questions to Test Your Friends
Make your best friend get their wheels turning with these hard questions. Never settle for a throwaway answer, either! Really get into the weeds of each other's lives by asking the difficult questions you normally try to avoid answering, unless your therapist was asking you.
- Who's more important, your bestie or your boyfriend/girlfriend?
- If I went missing for years, would you get a new best friend?
- If we could get away with a crime, which would we commit together?
- Tell me a secret that you think that I don't know that you know.
- Tell me something you've lied to me about.
- Do you like all my other friends?
- Am I a good friend?
- Which family member would I replace with you?
- Do I love myself?
- What am I going to be when I grow up?
- Name three things on my bucket list.
- What childhood nickname do my family members still call me?
- Am I living up to my potential?
- If we were in a classic high school movie, which clique would I be the leader of?
- What movie title best describes my life?
- What current teenage actor/actress would play me in the movie of my life?
- Which streaming service would I want the movie about my life to air on?
- Do I like school?
- If I could only eat one candy for the rest of my life, which would I choose?
- How many times a day do I think about saying something to you?
- Have I ever bullied someone?
- When I was a child, what was my dream career?
- What have I dressed up as the most in my life for Halloween?
- Would I be upset if I didn't get any Christmas presents?
- What's my dream vacation?
Deep Best Friend Tag Questions
If you want to take your friendship deeper, try asking probing and philosophical questions. There's no better person to get unmoored and explore the unknown with than your bestie. Whether you're both on the same wavelength or you're diametrically opposed about some deep contemplation pertaining to the far reaches of space, you won't be able to stop getting wrapped up in them.
- Am I weird?
- Could you save my life?
- What's one thing I constantly worry about?
- Am I good enough for myself?
- Could I ever be a leader?
- If I died right now, what would you say in my eulogy?
- If our parents forbid our friendship, would we still try to be friends?
- Which of us is a better person?
- Which of us is better at relationships?
- Which of us is most likely to succeed?
- Which of us will win more awards/trophies in life?
- Describe a time when I made you cry tears of joy.
- Do you know how much I care about you?
- Can two people really be best friends forever?
- What would be the one thing that could destroy our friendship?
- Would we still be best friends in a boundless virtual world?
- If I were dying and could be partially replaced by AI, would you let them do it?
- If I couldn't drive, would you take me everywhere I want to go?
- What is one thing you would change to make our friendship stronger?
Tag Your BFF and Get Personal
It's time to put your relationship to the test. Find out how well you know your best friend, and how well they know you, by asking each other questions in a fun game of tag on your favorite social media platforms or via text. Simply post or send them your question/best friend quiz, let your BFF know you've tagged them, and wait for the replies. When your bestie tags you with some questions in return, have your next one ready to send, because there's nothing more exciting than getting to learn new things about a person you've known for so many years.