Standing up in a wedding with your best friend or sister is kind of a big deal, and the perfect maid of honor caption can help you show the world how happy you are to be a part of this important day. The perfect words express how you really feel about this moment and your relationship with the bride and groom. Pair them with your favorite photos so your friends, family, and followers will know just how special this day is for you.
Touching Maid of Honor Instagram Captions
When a friend asks you to be maid of honor, it means your relationship is among the most important in their life. This is no small thing, and when you're sharing pictures, you can also share your appreciation for being a part of their day (and their life).
- Today, the only place I want to be is right here standing next to you on your wedding day.
- Holding your bouquet today, holding your hand always.
- I'm beyond honored to be your maid of honor.
- I know what a good partner you'll be because I know what a wonderful best friend you are.
- It's an honor to stand beside you the way you've always stood beside me.
- If you're going to say "I do," I really need to stand next to you.
- I know you're marrying him today, but I just have to say you're my true love, too. So excited to stand beside you.
- Standing up here next to you on your wedding day is a pretty wonderful place to be.
- Just up here standing next to my bestie happy crying as they say "I do."
If you're sharing photos from the wedding day, it's good etiquette to make sure you get the couple's permission first or wait until they've had a chance to share. This is their big day, so let them control how and when it lands online.
Maid of Honor Captions for Sisters
A lot of the time, the maid of honor will also be the sister of the bride. This is a special moment that's been a lifetime in the making, so using the perfect maid of honor captions for sisters is a must. Just let your relationship inspire your words, and you'll be all set.
- Even though you're getting married, you'll always be my sister and the love of my life.
- It only takes a lifetime of shared secrets to be the maid of honor to your sister.
- Standing next to my sister while she says "I do" to her mister.
- I'll be the Pippa to your Kate.
- Can we just take a sec to admire what a gorgeous bride my sister is? I'm pretty honored to stand up with her.
- I've been waiting for your wedding day since we were little girls.
- Ever since we were little, I wanted to be your maid of honor. Can't believe it actually happened today!
- How lucky am I to have a front row seat to the moment my sister added a new person to our family?
- Always an honor to be your sister, and today it's an honor to stand beside you.
Funny Maid of Honor Captions
Sure, being a maid of honor is serious business, but that doesn't mean your post has to be super serious too. When it comes to maid of honor Instagram captions, funny is almost always a good choice. Play up the work of planning, joke about how crazy you'll get at the reception, or just be a little silly.
- Just wait until the reception. I can do way more than just hold the bouquet.
- First stop is the altar; next stop is the dance floor.
- In order to be my maid of honor, you have to be as weird as I am.
- Only the maid of honor knows all the bride's most embarrassing stories and shows up anyway.
- It's tradition for the maid of honor to come along on the honeymoon, right?
- We've spent hours planning this! Now we get a nap, don't we?
- I promised I wouldn't tell anyone what happened at the bachelorette party, but this is my third glass of Champagne.
- Just over here checking "maid of honor" off my best friend bucket list.
- As maid of honor, my superpowers include planning the ultimate bachelorette party, giving a not-horrible toast, and holding her dress while she pees. I've got this.
Tips for the Perfect Instagram Caption
You can't go wrong with any of these caption ideas, but it also helps to keep a few tips in mind.
- Match the caption to your photo. If you have a goofy picture, go for a funny maid of honor caption.
- Keep it short. We all know how quickly people scroll through their Instagram feeds, so stick to one or two lines.
- Ask a question if you want to increase the engagement on your post.
- Don't forget to tag other people in your photo, especially the happy couple.
Show Your Love for Your Friend or Sister
Being the maid of honor in a wedding is an important milestone, but it's not always easy to come up with the words to express your feelings about it. A great caption can help, especially when you're sharing your photos on Instagram or anywhere else. Ultimately, if you show how much you love the couple getting married today, there's no wrong caption.