Are you looking for Halloween quotes and sayings to help you celebrate the spookiest time of the year? Whether you want funny Halloween quotes to spice up your Instagram skel-fies or you're searching for clever Halloween sayings to use in greeting cards, party invitations, wall signs, or other crafting projects, you've come to the right place.
Share your love of All Hallow's Eve with this silly and sinister selection of seasonal expressions ... if you dare!
Unless otherwise noted, all quotes are original and written by LoveToKnow Staff.
Short Halloween Quotes for Clever Instagram Captions
Halloween humor comes in all shapes and sizes! For those looking to show off their scary moments and then get back to the fun, these short sayings are sure to conjure up a few cackles.
- I lack social skulls.
- I've got a bone to pick with you.
- Bring your own broom!
- Have a bloody good Halloween!
- Who's your fairy god-monster?
- Keep calm and bob for apples.
- You do boo!
- Get it, ghoul!
- Keep calm and spook on.
- Big ghouls don't cry.
- There's no scare I'd rather be.
- Hip, hip boo-ray! It's Halloween day!
- Too cute to spook!
- Who let the werewolves out? Awoooo!
- Halloween Forecast: There's a scare in the air.
Cute Halloween Quotes to Show Off Your Ghoulish Crew
Halloween sayings don't always have to be fear-inspiring. Bewitch your friends and followers with these cute Halloween quotes that show off your spirit for the season and the people you share it with!
- Blood is red, some monsters are blue, candy is sweet, and goblins say boo!
- All I got for Halloween is this crummy mummy.
- Celebrating Halloween with a ghouls' night out!
- My boo thangs and me just creepin' it real.
- Having a blast at this monster mash!
- Loving my little boo-crew.
- Nobody puts mummy in the corner.
- Halloween is a day when children, spirits, and imaginations run wild.
- Knock, knock. Who's there? Just some old bat!
- Is there anything better than getting a breath of fresh scare!
- My Halloween honey is sweeter than all the candy in the land.
- I would literally rise from the dead for them.
- I'll follow my Halloween babe to the grave.
- Not now, kids. Mummy's a bit wrapped up for Halloween.
- Sleep all day, party all night, being undead is out of sight!
Happy Halloween Quotes to Say Hello This Season
Hello doesn't cut it on Halloween! Make sure that you have a cauldron full of ghoulish greetings for when you head out on Halloween night.
- Keep it un-real.
- Hey there witches!
- Come on in — the door's not war-locked.
- Welcome to my crypt.
- Enter, please, if you dare!
- Fright or delight?
- Welcome, my witches and warlocks!
- Welcome to my crypt.
- I'm here to haunt your house.
- Bad tidings of great horror.
- Ghostly greetings to all you ghouls!
- Fright this way!
- Happy hauntings start here!
- Mischief won't be managed tonight!
- Your horrorscope shows a night of frights!
Wonderfully Witchy Halloween Sayings
Witches have gotten a bad reputation over the last few centuries! Help to sweep away these unfavorable feelings and show off your spellbinding vibes with one of these witchy quotes that reveal how cool cauldrons and brooms really are.
- If the broom fits ... take it for a spin.
- You say witch like it's a bad thing!
- Witches make Halloween magic happen.
- What costume? Witchy is my everyday vibe.
- It's time to take the good broom out for a spin!
- While the cat's away, these witches will play!
- Don't be a flying witch on the wall!
- This witch can be bribed with pumpkin spice.
- Witch, please! Everyone knows that Halloween is the best holiday.
- I've waited 364 days to dust off this old broomstick.
- Caution! Broom crossing ahead!
- We are ready to run amuck, amuck, amuck!
- Won't you try my witch's brew? It's a special recipe made just for boo!
- Witches are those of us who know how magical we are and aren't afraid to show it.
- Is there more candy or is that just witchful thinking?
Funny Halloween Quotes for Adults Only
Who says Halloween is just for kids? Grown-ups are sure to get a kick out of some funny quotes crafted with them in mind.
- It's a BYOS party — bring your own spirits!
- Now that the kids are full of their candy, the grown-up ghouls can start pouring the brandy!
- Party at my crypt!
- Wait a minute. If you're the bride of Frankenstein, what does that make me?
- Get out of the kitchen. Go take (Halloween) candy from the baby!
- You can hang out at my crypt any time you like.
- Baby, you can haunt my house.
- This aura is fueled by tequila!
- This witch is a wee bit wicked.
- There's nothing like a ghoul's night in while the kids are out.
- Who's been haunting my liquor cabinet?
- I'm here for the boos!
- Talk about a haunt mess!
- Drink up my witches!
- Who runs the world? Ghouls.
Spooky & Scary Halloween Sayings to Strike Up Some Fright
One major part of the Halloween holiday is scary hijinks! If you're looking for some frighteningly fun Halloween sayings, we have some eerie-sistable options that are perfect for a scary party or to caption a haunting photo!
- What a frightful sight on this scariest of nights.
- When you hear an eerie howl, know that monsters are on the prowl!
- Knock if you dare, but there's limited admission. This lair is reserved for ghostly apparitions.
- Night after night, year after year, in your very soul, Halloween strikes fear.
- Mere mortals should fear to tread. There's only safe passage for ghouls and goblins ahead.
- You know the Halloween scene is dire when you find yourself alone with a scary vampire.
- Come in and join the party, if you dare.
- Halloween is the most likely night for horror movies and nightmares to come to life.
- Take the night, by eerie moonlight, that guides your way to fun and fright.
- Creepy crawlies are here and there. Creatures and monsters are everywhere.
- Beware of things that go bump in the night, especially on Halloween.
- When ghosts and goblins take to the street, be ever so careful of everyone you meet.
- On Halloween night, stay alert, for it's then that monsters and ghouls are roaming the Earth.
- Halloween night is filled with horror. Will you make it until tomorrow?
Hilarious & Hair-Raising Halloween Movie Quotes
From horror films to hilarious features about All Hallow's Eve, there certainly isn't a shortage of Halloween movies to choose from! These frightening and funny Halloween quotes from famous flicks are sure to make you smile.
- "There's a little witch in all of us." - Dianne Wiest as Aunt Jet Owens in Practical Magic
- "Oh, look. Another glorious morning. Makes me sick!" - Bette Midler as Winifred Sanderson in Hocus Pocus
- "So come up to the lab and see what's on the slab." - Tim Curry as Dr. Frank-N-Furter in The Rocky Horror Picture Show
- "That's right. I am the Pumpkin King." - Danny Elfman as Jack Skellington in The Nightmare Before Christmas
- "I'm the ghost with the most, babe." - Michael Keaton as Beetlejuice in Bettlejuice
- "Be Afraid. Be Very Afraid." - Geena Davis as Ronnie in The Fly
- "The only thing to fear is fear himself." - Robert Englund as Freddy Krueger in Freddy vs. Jason
- "Walking corpses are not real." - Peter Mark Richman as Charles McCulloch in Friday the 13th VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan
Michael Keaton plays the famous Beetlejuice, but did you know that in this hour and 32-minute movie, he only gets 17-18 minutes of screen time? In fact, he doesn't come on screen until 25 minutes into the film!
Frighteningly Famous Halloween Quotes From Songs
If you're looking for a well-known Halloween quote, the world of entertainment provides plenty of options. If you want to snag some fang-tastic phrases, look to the songs of Halloween!
- "I was working in the lab late one night / When my eyes beheld an eerie sight / For my monster from his slab began to rise / And suddenly to my surprise / He did the Monster Mash (The Monster Mash) / It was a graveyard smash" - "Monster Mash" by Bobby "Boris" Pickett & the Crypt Kickers
- "Spooky, scary skeletons / Send shivers down your spine / Shrieking skulls will shock your soul / Seal your doom tonight." - "Spooky Scary Skeletons" by Andrew Gold
- "They're creepy and they're kooky / Mysterious and spooky / They're all together ooky / The Addams family." - "The Addams Family" by Andrew Gold
- "If there's something strange / In your neighborhood / Who you gonna call? / Ghostbusters!" - "Ghostbusters" by Ray Parker Jr.
- "I always feel like somebody's watching me." - "Somebody’s Watching Me" by Rockwell
- "This is Halloween, this is Halloween / Pumpkins scream in the dead of night." - "This Is Halloween" by Marilyn Manson
- "I put a spell on you / Because you're mine." - "I Put a Spell on You" by Annie Lennox
- "It's close to midnight / And something evil's lurking in the dark / Under the moonlight / You see a sight that almost stops your heart / You try to scream / But terror takes the sound before you make it / You start to freeze / As horror looks you right between the eyes / You're paralyzed / 'Cause this is thriller, thriller night." - "Thriller" by Michael Jackson
Add Some Fun and Humor to Halloween
Did you find the perfect Halloween saying on this list? Once you've selected a few whimsical words to express yourself, check out these hilarious Halloween jokes and spook-tacular puns to help you continue the fun! Humor is a great way to spread the spirit of Halloween far and wide.