Spending Christmas with family usually involves beloved traditions, making memories, and plenty of laughs. Whether you're more like the Griswalds or look like a family straight out of Bedford Falls, these Christmas family quotes can help you express all your heartwarming holiday feelings.
Unless otherwise noted, all quotes are original and written by LoveToKnow Staff.
Funny Family Christmas Quotes for Yuletide Giggles
If there's one thing holiday family time is great for, it's creating laughter. Share one of these funny Christmas quotes with your family this year and have a belly laugh even Santa would envy.
- There are no Grinches in this family, just a bunch of Whos!
- Every Christmas, Santa knows if this family has been naughty or nice, but he visits us anyway.
- When it comes to opening presents, Christmas in this family is messy.
- Since my family is so big, we have to super-size our Christmas celebrations.
- If you don't like singing Christmas carols, baking cookies, and watching Christmas movies, don't visit my family.
- Christmas with this family is never peace on Earth, but it's always goodwill towards men, women, children, dogs, cats, and even mice.
- My family loves Christmas; it's the one thing we can all agree on.
- Christmas cookies pretty much sum up my family.
- No one in my family is a Christmas mouse, we're all big cats purring underneath the Christmas tree.
- My family is always prepared for Christmas with lots of love, and of course, batteries.
- My family has been known to deck a few halls — and even each other.
- The Christmas cheer is real in our family. So are the Christmas hangovers.
- My family knows how to sparkle at Christmas!
Heartwarming Family Quotes Perfect for the Holidays
Between the laughs and all the delicious holiday food, there's usually one or two heartwarming moments. For the family experiences that speak to your heart, these quotes can help you remind everyone of what Christmas is all about — family.
- My ideal Christmas Eve is sitting by the fireside with my family, sipping hot chocolate, gazing at the Christmas tree, and feeling the love.
- Every Christmas, I wrap my family in love!
- Christmas is all about the family!
- My favorite part of Christmas is family.
- I love my family, especially at Christmas.
- This Christmas, just remember, while we aren't blood relatives, we are family.
- Christmas with my family is what makes it special.
- I wish my family could always be together the way we are on Christmas day.
- The house grows warmer when my family arrives on Christmas day.
- Christmas presents are nice, but being with family is the best gift of all.
- All I want for Christmas is to be with my family.
- I love my family's Christmas celebrations.
- All year, I look forward to my family's Christmas celebration.
- If you can't be with your family on Christmas, find someone else's family to share the love.
- Christmas adds to the warmth of family love.
- Each Christmas, my heart swells bigger from family love.
- If I could bottle my family's love at Christmas, I'd open it every day to refill my soul with warmth and happiness.
- Christmas with my family is my happy place!
- Christmas without family is like the worst day ever.
- My family is like having Christmas every day.
- I count my Christmas blessings with my family's faces.
- You don't appreciate how much Christmas means with your family until you spend a Christmas without them.
Family Christmas Quotes to Celebrate All the Traditions
It's not the gifts we think of for Christmases to come. Rather, we recall the moments and traditions that made Christmas feel so special. These quotes speak to those traditions and activities that make Christmas family time so memorable.
- You always know it's Christmas in our family of baking going on.
- Singing carols with family is what Christmas is all about.
- For my family, baking gingerbread men is a Christmas must!
- A family that goes caroling together, celebrates Christmas together.
- Mistletoe and sugar cookies are family essentials at Christmas.
- Family gathered around the Christmas tree is my joy.
- Christmas Eve is family night.
- One of my favorite things is going with my family to pick out our Christmas tree.
- Christmas dinner isn't ready until the entire family arrives.
- Christmas Eve is for families to share.
- Snowflakes, gingerbread houses, Christmas trees, hot chocolate, and roaring fireside laughter with my family is what Christmas means to me.
- Christmas morning is chaos with the family, and nothing is finer.
- After Christmas, I sit by the window watching the snowflakes fall, sipping hot cocoa, and smile as I relive the holiday spent with my loving family.
- Good times filled with delicious food, fun, laughter, games, and carols shared with my family are all I ever want for Christmas.
- Greetings of hugs and kisses from family make Christmas worth the wait.
- Hearing the greeting, "Merry Christmas" from family members rushing through the front door makes my heart burst with joy.
- It isn't Christmas until I hear my children squeal with delight as we plug in the Christmas tree lights!
- Candy canes and Christmas stockings make a family celebration special.
- Christmas good cheer is found with family.
- At Christmas, I'm filled with gratitude for a loving family.
- Christmas joy is to be shared with your family.
Inspirational Christmas Quotes About Spending Time With Family
There's no place like home for the holidays. Whether you're counting down the days until you see each other again or you're connecting flights to make it home, these quotes remind you why Christmas with family is so important.
- Christmas is going home to celebrate with family.
- Christmas means reconnecting with family.
- We celebrate Christ's birthday as a family.
- Family love grows warmer at Christmas.
- We travel from all over the world to be together as a family on Christmas day.
- Wherever I am on Christmas day, my family is in my heart.
- Christmas is a precious time for creating more family memories.
- Never forget that family and Christmas go together.
- My family lights up my life at Christmas.
- There's nothing better than family and Christmas.
- Being with family at Christmas means wonderful memories in the making.
- Christmas memories with family sustain me until the next Christmas.
- I wish Christmas Day with my family would never end.
- Christmas Eve is special when your family shares the magic.
- My Christmas list is filled with family names I hold in my heart all year long.
- In our family, Christmas means the day Christ was born.
- My family sings and rejoices at Christmas for the Christ child who was born.
- Each Christmas is better than the last because my family is together once more.
- Christmas and family go together like soup and a sandwich-warm and fulfilling.
- Being with family on Christmas is my safe space.
- Family at Christmas is like nothing else in life.
- My family's Christmas laughter fills my soul with love.
- My fondest childhood memories are my family gathered around the Christmas table.
- The older you get, the more family Christmas memories you have to relive in all their splendor.
- If I had but one Christmas wish, it would be to spend every day like today with family.
Famous Family Christmas Quotes to Unwrap Together
Christmas and family have gone hand in hand for a long time. So it's no surprise that there are already so many heartfelt Christmas quotes about spending time with the people you love.
- "Be it ever so heinous, there’s no place like home." — How The Grinch Stole Christmas (2001)
- "I'll be home for Christmas, if only in my dreams." - I'll Be Home for Christmas, Bing Crosby
- "One of the joys of living a long life is watching one's children, then grandchildren, then great-grandchildren, help decorate the Christmas tree." - Queen Elizabeth II
Christmas Family Quotes Express Love & Joy
When you have the right people to celebrate with, Christmas is always a joyous time. Share a quote or two for your family Christmas card or post it on your social media page to let the world know you're most thankful for family at Christmastime.