Christmas is already known as the most wonderful time of year, but you can make it even more merry and bright by letting your friends know just how much they mean to you throughout the holiday season.
From heartfelt messages to include in a Christmas card to the perfect prose to text on a cold winter's day, you're sure to find expressions that tug at your heartstrings (and theirs!) in this collection of Christmas friendship quotes. These make clever captions for the holiday photos of you and your besties too!
Unless otherwise noted, all quotes are original and written by LoveToKnow Staff.
Short Christmas Wishes for Friends
You don't need to write a novel to wish your besties a wonderful Christmas. Whether they're sweet or snappy, short Christmas quotes for a best friend can be the very best ones of all.
- MX BFF
- Sleigh, bestie
- Happy pal-i-days
- Merry bestie-mas
- Happy bro-holidays
- Homeboy holidays
- Happy homie-days
- Merry XMAS, LYLAS (love you like a sister)
- Merry Christmas, mate
- Homie for the holidays
Merry Christmas Friendship Quotes
If your favorite friends need a bit of a pick-me-up this Christmastime, use these fabulously heartwarming Christmas quotes to share the joy of the season.
- Jingle ladies rock.
- Deck the halls with friendship.
- Happy holidays to my sleigh rides or die.
- Merry Christmas to my closest companions.
- Merry Christmas to my very best ho-ho-homies!
- May you experience a magical Christmas, my dear friend.
- There's no greater joy than being in the presence of friends.
- Can't wait to celebrate Christmas with my fab-yule-mas friends!
- May your friendship cup runneth over with cheer this — and every year.
- There's no better Christmas present than being in the presence of friends.
Beautiful Christmas Quotes for Your Best Friends
Let your best friends know just how much they mean to you with a sweet, meaningful Christmas quote meant only for the closest of compatriots.
- I'll always be your Rudolph.
- You Christmas light up my life.
- Happy holidays to my very best bud.
- I'll never snowflake on our friendship.
- You and me, we always Santa Claus a bit of a stir.
- Your friendship makes the season even more merry and bright.
- Happy holidays to the best family member I chose for myself.
- With a bestie like you, how could Christmas be anything other than merry?
- Any time I have felt lost in the fog, you were there lighting the way. Thank you for being my Rudolph.
- You pretend to be a Grinch, but I know how big your heart really is. Merry Christmas from your very best friend.
- Many years ago, I told Santa that I wanted a best friend for Christmas. Then, you came into my life. Thank you for being a friend!
Funny Christmas Messages for Friends
Sometimes the situation calls for a silly saying or funny (well, maybe corny) pun. Bring a smile to the faces of your friends with these mirthful messages of holiday cheer.
- Let's jingle bell rock 'till we drop!
- Christmas is Claus for celebration! Let's go out and do something that soots you!
- Hope you are ready to paint the town red! We are going to prance like no one's watching!
- Friends who holiday together sleigh together.
- Is there anything better than chillin' with your snowmies at Christmas time?
- Merry Christmas, dear friend! Make sure to take some time to go treat yo'elf before the season is done!
- Behold, friend, I bring you tidings of great gin ... joy, I mean joy.
- Cheers to a claus-itively spectacular friend!
- Bestie, won't you guide my sleigh tonight? Seriously ... I need a designated driver.
- If you decide to take out Elf on the Shelf, I'll help you bury the body. After all, that's what friends are for.
- When it comes to friends, you are the best in snow! Now wipe off the resting Grinch face and let's get lit like the Christmas tree!
Touching Friendship Quotes for Christmas Cards
Rather than sending your friends a store-bought card with a canned message, use a blank card — or get creative and make your own Christmas cards. Whichever option you choose, personalize them with a special Christmas saying penned from the heart.
- God bless us every one — you, me, and all of our chums.
- With a friend like you, I don't need Rudolph to light the way.
- In this Christmas season, may the joy in your heart be as true as the feeling of friendship I have for you.
- Every time a bell rings this Christmas season, that's me thinking about how much your friendship means to me.
- May you be blessed with love, joy, and the knowledge of just how special you really are this holiday season.
- As I reflect on all I have to be grateful for this holiday season, my friendship with you is at the top of my list.
- Nothing embodies the spirit of Christmas more than true friendship. That is what you are to me. Merry Christmas, my friend.
- When the tree comes down and the ornaments are put away, I'll still remember the joy of having friends like you around on Christmas Day.
- This Christmas, my friend, I want you to know that I count your friendship among the most important, valuable, and enduring blessings in my life.
- Your friendship is among the greatest gifts I have ever received. My Christmas wish for you is that you experience all of the joy and happiness you deserve.
Meaningful Quotes for Long Distance Friends at Christmas
It can be challenging to be away from your friends at any time of year, but you may feel their absence more during the holiday season. Melt away the miles this Christmas with these long-distance friendship quotes.
- I'm Christ-missing you this holiday season.
- All I want for Christmas is for my friends to come home for the holidays.
- I wrote to Santa and asked him to bring you a plane ticket that will bring you to me.
- All I want for Christmas is to plan a New Year's spa trip with you, my faraway friend.
- True friends don't have to be physically together to experience the joy of Christmas forever.
- If only I could get my hands on Santa's sleigh, to be with you this Christmas I would be on the way!
- If Santa can travel around the world in a night, our bond can handle a few state lines. Merry Christmas.
- It seems we can't be together this December, so next year let's celebrate friendship and Christmas in July!
- Yule without you here just isn't quite the same. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas, but I wish you were here.
- To my dismay, friend, I realized that you'll be away on Christmas Day. The celebration won't be the same without your presence.
Fantastic Famous Christmas Friendship Quotes
Of course, the Christmas season is incomplete without watching our favorite classic Christmas films and television show episodes! Many of these works show off the importance of friendship, which means they provide the perfect Christmas quotes for a best friend.
- "Remember, George: no man is a failure who has friends." - Henry Travers as Clarence in It's a Wonderful Life
- "I realized that Christmas is ... is the time to be with the people you love." - Bill Nighy as Billy Mack in Love Actually
- "Went to the store, sat on Santa's lap. Asked him to bring my friends all kinds of crap. Said all you need is to write them a song. Now you haven't heard it yet so don't try to sing along, no don't sing along. Monica, Monica, have a happy Hanukkah. Saw Santa Claus, he said hello to Ross. And please tell Joey, Christmas will be snowwwwwy! And Rachel and Chandler, (mumbles something) handler!" - Lisa Kudrow as Phoebe Buffay in Friends
- "Don't forget the Grinch. I know he's mean and hairy and smelly. His hands might be cold and clammy, but I think he's actually kinda ... sweet." - Taylor Momsen as Cindy Lou Who in How the Grinch Stole Christmas
- "If you need somebody to trust, it can be me. I won't forget to remember you." - Macaulay Culkin as Kevin McCallister in Home Alone 2: Lost in New York
- "You believed in me when nobody else did. " - Tim Allen as Scott Calvin in The Santa Clause
- "Having a perfectly decorated tree is not what Christmas is about. It's about being with the people that you love." - Courtney Cox as Monica Gellar in Friends
Spread Christmas Cheer to Your Friends This Year
From wishing your besties a wonderful holiday season to taking the time to let them know just how thankful you are for their friendship, you can use the quotes above to spread holiday love and Christmas cheer.
Even if you don't find a message here that strikes just the right tone, maybe you'll get inspired to create some original quotes of your own. You may even decide to go beyond a basic quote to share a humorous Christmas poem or even an amusing Christmas story with your friends. Ultimately, what matters most is that you spread the love to the ones you love. Isn't that what Christmas is all about?