Are you looking for a beautiful quote to spread love and joy this year at Christmastime? There are so many wonderful ways to express the beauty and joy of the Christmas season. These original and famous quotes are lovely sentiments to share the awe and inspiration of the holidays.
Short Christmas Quotes
Sometimes a few words are all you need. Short Christmas quotes can spread holiday cheer far and wide, whether you use them to caption Instagram posts, make cards or signs, or even to adorn Christmas scrapbook pages.
- Make Christmas magic.
- Christmas is love.
- Santa stops here.
- Reindeer welcome here.
- Rein-deerly beloved...
- Sleigh ride, Christmastide!
- Christmas heals the soul.
- Christmas warms hearts.
- Spread joy at Christmas.
- Hallelujah and rejoice.
- Santa knows...
- Jingle bell-o!
Inspirational Christmas Quotes
Many of the best Christmas messages are inspirational ones. Spread some light and love this holiday season with quotes like these:
- Let the spirit of Christmas shine through you.
- The magic of Christmas can heal hearts and minds.
- Home is where you lay your head on Christmas.
- Make cherished Christmas memories with the ones you love.
- Even the grinchiest Grinch can't resist Christmas.
- Remember the reason for the season.
- Set an example of the Christmas spirit every day.
- Your presence is the greatest present of all.
- Christmas lives in your heart.
- Spread the light of Christmas every day of the year.
- Mistletoe makes the heart grow fonder.
Family Christmas Quotes
Nothing pulls at the heartstrings at Christmas more than quotes about the love of family and gathering with one's relatives. There are many heartwarming quotes about Christmas and family.
- Family yules rule!
- I hope yule be coming home for Christmas.
- Christmas is for families.
- We might argue tooth and noel, but at the end of the day we are family.
- You'll be sitting at the elves' table.
- Let our family be whole for the holidays.
- Holiday travel is a pain in the neck-mas, but it's worth it to be with family for Christmas.
- Don't let Christmas go by without breaking bread with those you love.
- Even distance can't separate a family at Christmas.
- The family that celebrates Christmas together stays together.
- Our family is like a fruitcake: sweet with some nuts mixed in.
Funny Christmas Quotes and Puns
Beautiful quotes about Christmas don't all have to be serious. Whether you're hoping for a ho ho ho or a ha ha ha, your holiday wish just might come through with these chuckle-worthy quotes and puns.
- Don't forget to tree-t your elf.
- I'm in a Christmas sleigh of mind.
- Those Christmas carolers are sure claus-ing a stir in the neighborhood!
- Something elf-ed this way comes.
- Your sleigh awaits, my deer.
- I'm Santa's little elfer.
- Sleigh down and close your eyes; Santa can see you from the skies.
- Have you lost your egg-noggin?
- Santa loves to make it rein.
- Christmas makes me feel snow good.
Biblical Christmas Quotes
No collection of beautiful Christmas quotes would be complete without language from the Holy Bible that tells the story of the nativity. There are many wonderful verses in the bible related to the birth of Jesus of Nazareth, which is celebrated by Christians around the world on December 25.
- "Thanks be to God for his inexpressible gift!" - Corinthians 9:15 (English Standard Version)
- While they were there, the time came for her to have her child, and she gave birth to her firstborn son. She wrapped him in swaddling clothes and laid him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the inn." - Luke 2:6-7 (New American Bible)
- "The angel replied to her, 'The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. Therefore, the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God.'" - Luke 1:35 (Christian Standard Bible)
- "Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people." - Luke 2:10 (King James Version)
- "For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord. - Luke 2:11 (King James Version)
- "For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him." - John 3:17 (New International Version)
- "She will give birth to a son, and you are to name him Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins." - Matthew 1:21 (Christian Standard Bible)
- "The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel." - Matthew 1:23 (NIV)
- "When they saw the star, they rejoiced with exceeding great joy." - Matthew 2:10 (King James Version)
- "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever." - Hebrews 13:8 (English Standard Version)
Christmas Quotes From Hymns
Christmas hymns are a great source of beautiful religious quotes about the reason for the season. Consider popular and classic hymns, as well as other Christmas songs, when you're searching for Christmas quotes.
- "For Christ is born of Mary, and gathered all above, while mortals sleep, the angels keep their watch of wond'ring love." - O Little Town of Bethlehem
- "Joy to the world! The Lord is come! Let earth receive her King." - Joy to the World
- "Away in a manger, no crib for a bed, the little Lord Jesus, laid down His sweet head." - Away in a Manger
- "Silent night! Holy night! Shepherds quake at the sight! Glories stream from heaven afar; Heav'nly hosts sing Alleluia! Christ, the Savior, is born! Christ, the Savior, is born!" - Silent Night
- This, this is Christ the King, whom shepherds guard and angels sing: Haste, haste to bring Him laud, the Babe, the Son of Mary!" - What Child Is This?
- "O holy night the stars are brightly shining. It is the night of our dear Saviour's birth." - O Holy Night
- "God rest ye merry gentlemen, let nothing you dismay. Remember Christ our Savior was born on Christmas Day." - God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
- "O star of wonder, star of light, star with royal beauty bright, westward leading, still proceeding, guide us to thy perfect light." - We Three Kings
- "Go, tell it on the mountain, over the hills and everywhere. Go, tell it on the mountain, that Jesus Christ is born." - Go Tell It on the Mountain
"Oh, come, all ye faithful, joyful and triumphant! Oh, come ye, oh come ye to Bethlehem. Come and behold Him, born the King of angels." - Oh, Come, All Ye Faithful
Christmas Quotes From Movies and TV Shows
With so many movies and TV shows focusing on Christmas, the big and small screen are great places to find poignant Christmas quotes that will live on in your memory.
- "Christmas isn't just a day. It's a frame of mind." - Miracle on 34th Street
- "Every time a bell rings, an angel gets his wings." - It's a Wonderful Life
- "We elves try to stick to the four main food groups: candy, candy canes, candy corns and syrup." - Elf
- "And with Frosty the Snowman, Christmas was always very merry, indeed." - Frosty the Snowman
- "Just remember, the true spirit of Christmas lies in your heart." - The Polar Express
- "You see, children hold the spirit of Christmas within their hearts." - The Santa Clause
- "It's Christmas Eve! It's... it's the one night of the year when we all act a little nicer, we smile a little easier, we... we cheer a little more." - Scrooged
- "Have you ever noticed that everything seems wonderful at Christmas?" - The Muppet Christmas Carol
- "And what happened, then? Well, in Whoville they say - that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day. " - How the Grinch Stole Christmas
- "I never thought it was such a bad little tree. It's not bad at all, really. Maybe it just needs a little love." - A Charlie Brown Christmas
- "Rudolph, with your nose so bright, won't you guide my sleigh tonight?" - Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer
Spread Joy at Christmastime
These are just a few of the many wonderful sayings you can use to spread beautiful messages of love and joy this Christmas. Whether you need Christmas quotes for friends or family, finding just the right saying can make the season brighter. From Christmas quotes to share with loved ones to Christmas tree-specific sayings, there are plenty of ways to express the greetings of the season in creative and meaningful ways.