If you're feeling especially crafty this holiday season, consider making your own Christmas cards to send to friends and family. Choose a festive image for the front, and include a verse on the inside to express your sentiments. If you need a little help, use one of these verses to make your cards complete.
Ten Christmas Greeting Card Verses
If one of these verses doesn't quite suit your needs, feel free to use any of them to inspire your own original greeting.
From our family to yours, may the blessings of the season be upon you.
Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
May Christmas be filled with love and laughter,
To warm your heart the whole year after.
We're trimming the tree and wrapping the presents,
But we wanted to pause a moment and let you know we're thinking of you.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year too!
Although we may be far apart,
Let's celebrate together in our hearts.
As we celebrate the birth of our Lord and savior,
We want to share the blessings of the season with you.
Have a Joyous Christmas!
Christmas to-do list:
Hang a wreath on the front door ✓
Stock the icebox with egg nog ✓
Sing along with holiday carols ✓
Wrap all of the Christmas gifts ✓
Put the ornaments on the tree ✓
Send a Christmas card to you! ✓
Santa is loading his sleigh right this minute,
And he's including some gifts for you in it.
But before the big night is finally here,
We wanted to send you some holiday cheer.
Merry Christmas, and a Joyous New Year!
Hoping this Christmas card finds you healthy,
Wealthy with the gifts of the season,
And full of good cheer.
Blessings from our house to yours.
Snowflakes frolic in the air...
Children dream of visits from Santa...
Parents pile wrapped gifts beneath the tree...
It must be Christmas!
Christmas is the time to remember all we hold dear.
So thoughts naturally turn to you this time of year.
May your troubles be few, and your thoughts be quite merry;
May our wishes fill your heart with the love that they carry.
Bible Verses for Christmas Cards
Excerpts from Bible verses also make lovely additions to Christmas greeting cards. Look up the following verses, taken from the King James version, to read them in their entirety.
- Matthew 1:23 - "Behold, a virgin shall be with child and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us."
- Matthew 2:10 - "When they saw the star, they rejoiced..."
- Matthew 2:11 - "And when they had come into the house, they saw the young Child with Mary, His mother, and fell down and worshiped Him. And when they had opened their treasures, they presented unto Him gifts: gold and frankincense and myrrh."
- Luke 1:31 - "And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name Jesus. 32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David: ... 37 For with God nothing shall be impossible."
- Luke 1:38 - "For no word from God will ever fail. I am the Lord's servant," Mary answered. "May it happen to me according to your word."
- Luke 2:7 - "And she gave birth to her firstborn, a son. She wrapped him in cloths and placed him in a manger because there was no guest room available for them."
- Luke 2:10 - "But the angel said to them, Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people."
- Luke 2:14 - "Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, goodwill toward men."
Spread the Joy of the Season
Sending Christmas cards to the people you care about is a wonderful way to let them know that you're thinking about them during this special time of year. Putting your own cards and sayings together may take a little longer than simply purchasing commercial greeting cards. Still, your recipients will see you care enough to add a personal touch to this cherished tradition.