There's no doubt about it, everyone goes through stressful periods in life. You can choose to face these times with grace, good humor, and fortitude, or you can allow the stress to overwhelm you. Sometimes a few words of inspiration can change your perspective and give you the strength to carry on through adversity.
Inspiring sayings for stressful times can remind you - or someone you care about - to take a step back, take a deep breath and take a fresh look at whatever challenges you're currently facing. Perhaps one of the following affirmations will help you reclaim your serenity.
Short Sayings to Help Navigate Stressful Situations
When you're facing a stressful situation at work or school or in a relationship, brief but meaningful quotes that are easy to remember may help you cope. Use the short sayings below in positive self-talk or mindful journaling, or share them with others.
- Focus forward.
- You've got this.
- It's okay to say no.
- Show life who's boss.
- My future is forward.
- Stress cannot control me.
- Coping is my superpower.
- Stress is not the boss of me.
- I am the hero of my own story.
- Adversity today, opportunity tomorrow.
Quotes to Inspire Strength During Stressful Times
- Stay your course to a better tomorrow.
- You are the master of your own destiny.
- Regard adversity as your next opportunity.
- Every ending is the beginning of a new adventure.
- Circumstances will only control your life if you let them.
- If you're truly determined, nothing can stand in your way.
- When you think you're losing the fight, go one more round.
- When life sets a mountain in your path, put on your climbing boots.
- If you can't change your life, change your attitude. Things are bound to get better.
- You may not be able to control what happens to you, but you do get to decide how it affects you.
Calming Sayings for Stressful Situations
- Like attracts like; calm attracts peace.
- Take a moment to breathe, and just be.
- Quiet the noise and you'll find the answers.
- Leave the past where it belongs - behind you.
- Relax first; then you'll be able to find your way.
- Stormy times help us appreciate the ordinary all the more.
- To find your way forward, you must first stop and allow yourself to feel.
- Just because it rains on Monday doesn't mean that it will storm all week.
- When you can still your mind and calm your breathing, solutions will find you.
- When your soul is at peace, you can navigate any challenges that come your way.
Motivational Words for Stressful Circumstances
Dealing with stress and anxiety can be very frustrating. Motivational sayings like the ones below can provide the impetus you need to persevere and show the world - and yourself! - just how resilient you are.
- Your inner voice knows what it's talking about. Listen to it.
- You have the power to rise to the occasion like nobody's business.
- What's done is done. Tomorrow is a new day; the best is yet to come.
- A flower loves sunshine, but it also needs a little rain to help it grow.
- Take the time for self-care. When you're at your best you can do anything.
- You can't change the past, but you can choose to prevent it from holding you back.
- Stress can cause you to stagnate or move you to do great things. The choice is yours.
- Keep your eyes on your goals and keep moving forward. Everything else is just noise.
- If you think you can accomplish something, you probably can. Adopting a positive attitude is always a step in the right direction.
- Life is like a watermelon. The good times are the fruit. The bad times are the seeds you have to spit out before you can take the next juicy bite.
How to Find Inspiration in Stressful Times
It's never easy working your way through difficult times, but doing so builds your character and helps you find your inner strength. While you might prefer it if every day could be sunny and carefree, that's not the way the world works. Learn what you can from adversity during those stormy times, and take the opportunity to grow. The choices you make each day impact how your life will unfold, so it's important to make the smartest choices you can. Inspirational sayings for stressful times like the one above provide an eloquent way to reflect that sentiment.