We all know that a birthday deserves a celebratory acknowledgement, but many folks have trouble figuring out what to write in a birthday card other than the obvious 'happy birthday' phrase. Thankfully, finding the right birthday card messages is a piece of cake! We shine a light on the best birthday wishes to ensure that your sentiments sparkle!
Short Things to Write in a Birthday Card
Looking to get straight to the point? These short and sweet birthday sayings are an easy way to wish the birthday boy or girl well without having to write a novel!
- Cheers to another trip around the sun! Happy birthday!
- May your birthday be as wonderful as you are - enjoy every moment!
- Here's to a year filled with happiness, laughter, and incredible adventures! Happy birthday!
- Happy birthday to someone who makes the world a brighter place!
- Today is your day! Let's make it unforgettable!
- Happy birthday to an incredible person who deserves all the happiness in the world!
- Celebrating you and all the amazing things you bring into our lives - happy birthday!
- Cheers to another year of laughter, love, adventures, and wonderful memories - happy birthday!
- It's your day to shine - may your birthday be as bright and amazing as you!
- To a spectacular friend on their special day - wishing you love, laughter, and all the best.
- May this birthday be the beginning of an extraordinary new chapter in your life - enjoy the adventures to come!
- Wishing you a day of sweet surprises and a year of dreams come true! Cheers to the birthday girl/boy!
- May this birthday be the start of your most remarkable year yet! Happy birthday!
- Wishing you a day filled with surprises, laughter, and all the things that make you smile.
Milestone Birthday Sentiments
- Happy birthday to someone who is forever young at heart. May your spirit always be vibrant, your enthusiasm contagious, and your days filled with joy and wonder. Have a fantastic ____th birthday!
- I cannot believe my child is an adult! Wishing you all the best in this next chapter in life. 18 never looked so good!
- Age is just a number, and you continue to prove that every day. Happy birthday to someone who defies the concept of aging and lives life to the fullest. May your __th year be your most extraordinary yet!
- For the past ___ years, you have brightened every room you entered with your infectious laugh and vibrant personality. May your special day be as full of joy, love, and laughter as you!
- Another year older, another year wiser. Happy birthday to someone who continues to impress me with their wisdom, strength, and kindness. May your ___th year bring you an abundance of joy and beautiful moments.
- Happy ___th birthday to a vintage classic. Clearly, you have been around the block a time or two, but you still manage to turn heads!
- Congrats on reaching level (person's age) in the game of life. Here's to unlocking more achievements and discovering hidden bonus levels!
- Happy ____th birthday! Remember, you're not getting older - you're just increasing in value like a limited edition collectible!
- Congrats on being one year closer to senior discounts and early-bird specials! The perks of getting older are just around the corner!
- Happy ___th birthday to someone who's not only getting older but also wiser... or at least really good at pretending to be!
- To the woman/man who is aging gracefully - thanks for giving me hope for my future! You make ___ look like the new ___!
- Glad to see that you have been smiling all these years! Those lines are proof of a happy life! Hope this birthday brings even more joy!
- You're turning 21 again, right? Because I am very happy staying at ___! Happy birthday, baby sis/bro/sib!
Funny Birthday Sayings to Bring a Smile
When the birthday person is a close friend or family member that you like to joke around with, then sometimes the best things to write in a birthday card are funny quips! These hilarious birthday card messages are guaranteed to give them the gift of laughter on their big day!
- Happy birthday! Remember, age is just a number...a really big number in your case!
- Was there a blowout sale on candles or are you just getting that old?
- Congratulations! You are halfway to ___! Feeling old yet?
- I know we are having this party, but do you want to be like one of your candles and go out tonight?
- It's sherbet day. I hope it is sprinkled with love and that you continue to stay cool.
- Happy birthday to the person who is aging like a fine wine - getting better with each passing year...at causing trouble.
- Another birthday? Don't worry, they say wrinkles are a sign of wisdom...or was it too much laughter? Either way, you're rocking it!
- Happy birthday to someone who still knows what it's like to party like it's 1999! Go ahead, get jiggy with it!
- You know that you are getting old when your cake comes with the warning "candle with care!" Hope you have a de-light-ful birthday!
- I am so glad that you are alive and cake-ing! I thought for sure that the birthday candle fire was going to take your breath away!
- One day you are young, wild, and free, and the next you are turning down the radio so you can see the road better. Hope this next year is positively spec-tacular!
- You are too hot to handle! Just like the many candles on this cake. Hope your birthday is an absolute blowout!
- Glad to see that you are aging like a fine wine, and not a banana! Otherwise, I might have split!
- Sorry that this birthday card is belated! I know, I blew it, but better lit then never they always say!
- You only turn ___ once! Remember to focus on the present(s) and enjoy your special day!
Meaningful Birthday Card Messages
- Happy birthday to someone who brings so much joy and light into the world. May your special day be filled with love, laughter, and unforgettable moments. Have a fantastic birthday!
- Wishing you a day filled with all the things that make you smile, because no one deserves it more than you. Happy birthday and may this year bring you endless blessings and happiness.
- Another year, another adventure awaits! Happy birthday to a truly remarkable person. May this year be filled with exciting opportunities, personal growth, and success in all your endeavors.
- Today, we celebrate the day you graced the world with your presence. Happy birthday to an amazing individual who deserves nothing but the best in life. May all your dreams come true!
- Happy birthday to someone who never fails to bring a smile to my face. May your special day be as wonderful and as bright as you are. Enjoy your birthday to the fullest!
- On your birthday, I want to express my gratitude for your friendship and the incredible impact you have on my life. Thank you for being an amazing friend. You bring so much happiness into my life, and I'm grateful for every moment we share. Happy birthday, my dear friend!
- Today, we commemorate the day you were born and the beautiful soul you have become. Happy birthday to someone who spreads compassion, love, and kindness. May your birthday be as special as you are!
- Birthdays are like milestones in the journey of life, reminding us of how far we've come and the exciting adventures that lie ahead. Happy birthday, and may your path be filled with happiness, love, and success.
- Cheers to a truly extraordinary person. Happy birthday to someone who inspires me with their passion, resilience, and unwavering spirit. Wishing you nothing but the best on your special day!
- Today, I celebrate the day the world became brighter because you were born. Happy birthday to a remarkable individual who brings so much light and positivity into our lives. Have a truly wonderful day!
Quick Tips on What to Write in a Birthday Card
When it comes to birthday card messages, you want to keep your sentiments relatively short because this person is likely reading a lot of notes from family and friends. However, that's not to say you can't share a sweet word or two about why this person is so important to you. Just remember if you want to reference a long story, call attention to the most notable moments and know that they can fill in the blanks!
The best way to craft a memorable birthday card blurb is to follow these four steps:
- Start with 'Happy Birthday!'
- Acknowledge how much you love and appreciate the birthday boy or girl.
- Quickly highlight a meaningful memory or funny moment that you had with the person OR make a funny remark to make your card stand out and give them a smile.
- Sign with the nickname that this person uses for you.
Even if your card has a sweet or silly sentiment printed inside, it is important not to just sign your name. Take the time to leave a personal message. This shows the recipient that they matter to you.
Birthday Card Messages Should Mirror Your Relationship With the Person
When deciding on what to write in a birthday card, it's important to think about the relationship you have with the person and their personality. If they're not one to laugh at jests about their age, then consider going with something more meaningful. Conversely, if the birthday card is for an acquaintance like a coworker, then short and sweet may be the way to go! No matter which style you choose, these messages are a great way to let the person know that they are valued on their special day, and every day!