Nothing says romance quite like candles. Whether they are being used for an intimate dinner, a relaxing bath or to enhance the atmosphere with a romance scent in a cozy bedroom setting, the soft flickering light of candles creates an ambience that is undeniably romantic.
Romance Candle Scents
Scented candles should never be used during a meal, as they would certainly interfere or compete with the scents and flavors of food. However, romance scents are perfect for a relaxing massage or soak in the tub and enhancement for a romantic bedroom setting.
Sweet smelling candles can wet an appetite for passion just like any other aphrodisiac. Some of the most romantic food scents include:
- Warm sugar
What isn't romantic about the smell of fresh-cut flowers or a garden in full bloom? Top romantic floral scents include:
- Cherry Blossom
Some people are more stimulated by exotic scents that might evoke memories of a great vacation abroad or inspire fantasies of getaways yet to come. Scents like this can include:
Sometimes you can find your favorite cologne or perfume infused into a scented candle. This is a great way to fill your bedroom with a scent that turns you or your partner on. Examples include:
- Cool Water
- Beautiful by Estee Lauder
- Light Blue by Dolce and Gabbana
- Chanel No. 5
Sexy Candle Scents for Romantic Settings
Select the perfect sexy candle scent to use in various romantic settings. You can create a warm and inviting atmosphere at home when you want to spend quality time with your beloved. Candles with a sexy scent can be used as aromatherapy to relax inhibitions or stimulate passions.
Sceintific Studies and Aphrodisiac Sexy Aromas
An American Academy of Neurological and Orthopaedic Surgeons study examined the aphrodisiac response of males to various aromas/scents. Pumpkin was the highest rated aphrodisiac scent. The top five sexy scents included:
- Lavender and pumpkin pie: 40%
- Doughnut and black licorice: 31.5%
- Pumpkin pie and doughnut: 20%
- Orange: 19.5%
- Lavender and donuts: 18%
Select One Special Sexy Candle Scent
Decide on the candle scent you feel conveys romance. You may prefer to choose just one scent to avoid a clash of scents.
Build Up of Romantic Sexy Scents
If you have a talent for selecting the right romance scent, you could experiment with a soft subtle romantic scent for the beginning of your candle path. As you move through your home, you can increase the aroma intensity. You can change to a sexy candle scent to greet you in the bedroom and bathroom areas. To add to the romantic ambiance, make a playlist of your favorite love songs. Play these softly in the background for the final layer of your romantic setting.
Candelabrum and Taper Candles Add Romantic Ambiance
One of the sexiest types of candle holder that is often overlooked in the candelabrum. You can purchase dripless taper candles and set one candelabrum on each end of a fireplace mantel or dining table. This candle holder introduces an air of nostalgic romance. Be sure to extinguish the candles before retiring for the night.
Romantic Candlelight Scents
Create the romantic ambiance you desire with a romantic scent for your candle selections. Turn off the lights in the room or dim ceiling fixtures and floor lamps. Illuminate your room or home with candles.
A Path to Candle Lit Romance
You can create a path of candlelight and scents to guide you from the entrance to the dining room and then on into the master bedroom and bathroom. Scatter rose petal along your candle-lit path. Place lighted candles around a hot tub, jetted tub or spa tub.
Romantic Shapes for Sexy Candles
Candles for romance come in all shapes and sizes. The setting, the way candles are used, and the sexy candle scents contribute more to the romantic atmosphere than the shape or size of the candle. However, there are some shapes that stand out. These include:
- Heart-shaped candles
- Rose or flower shaped candles
- Lip shaped candles
- Taper candles
- Round candles
Romantic Candle Colors
Color can affect a person's mood and has been scientifically studied in the aptly named psychology of color. Colors that stand out for romantic candles include:
- Red: Most shades of red are associated with romance, vitality and love. Red is also the most common color associated with hearts and roses, which are two iconic symbols of romance.
- Burgundy/Maroon: Although very similar and reminiscent of fine wine, these two distinct colors share a common base of red mixed with blue to deepen the tone.
- Pink: A lighter shade of red made by adding a touch of white, pink is associated with young, innocent or new love.
- Purple: This color of royalty also represents passion and creativity.
- White: A color that represents innocence and purity, white is associated with weddings and natural beauty.
- Black: Black candles can evoke a sense of mystic and romance. Black can be both submissive and empowering. Mix black candles with bright shades of red or purple for a striking romantic and sexy contrast.
How to Use Candles for Romantic Settings
There are many ways to use candles in a romantic or sexy setting for an intimate dinner and beyond. For example, you can carry the candle ambiance into the living room, bedroom and bathroom.
- Fill a glass bowl with water and a few floating candles with a sexy scent to set on a dining table, coffee table or bathroom counter.
- Cocktail glasses filled with glass beads and a candle in the center may great low light ambiance for a dining table centerpiece or a subtle romantic nudge when placed on an end table in the living room.
- A grouping of votives in varying heights can be set on a tray and placed on a bedroom dresser or living room coffee table.
- Small votives randomly placed throughout the bedroom create a special magical setting.
- Use tealights in holders and place about the bathroom for a long soak in the tub.
Use Unscented Candles for Romantic Meals
While scents can interfere with romantic meals, you can put romantic colors and shapes on your table to create the right romantic atmosphere.
- Candles make beautiful centerpieces and accents for the dining table, whether it's dinner, brunch or even a romantic picnic shared on a blanket.
- Long taper candles are commonly used for formal settings and also add elegance and class to a romantic table setting.
- One or two tapers paired with fresh flowers or rose petals scattered among them make a simple yet classy table setting.
A Few Candle Tips
You want to choose candles in glass jars, glass votive holders or candle lanterns to avoid excessive wax drippings and fire hazards. It's always a good idea to use candle trays when grouping candles to avoid possible heat transfer to tabletops and other surfaces. Never leave candles burning unattended.
Where to Buy Romantic Candles
Look for romantic specialty candles online when planning a romantic setting:
- Skinny Dip Candles- These candles are actually four products in one. When burned, the candles produce a moisturizing lotion, massage oil and body balm. The candles melt at a very low temperature so that the melted lotion is warm but not hot. The delicious fragrance of the candle freshens both the atmosphere and the skin.
- Candles4Less- Here you will find a variety of candles including heart-shaped lollipop candles, ceramic heart-shaped candles, floating candles and wedding candles. You can also buy candles in bulk for even more savings.
- Light in the Box- While the name sounds like a candle store, this retailer actually sells a variety of products, including candle favors. These unique candles can be used for weddings, anniversaries or for your own intimate setting. You'll find a variety of heart-shaped candles, elegant calla lily champagne flute candles, rose candles and classy candle holders.
- Yummi Candles- This site carries one of the largest collections of candles you can find online. Their signature line of scented candles feature luxurious scents like Mr. and Ms. Opus, with trendy colors and fragrances perfect for creating a romantic ambience.
Just one single candle can be enough to add a touch of romance to an otherwise ordinary setting. When true love is in the air, everything looks brighter, tastes sweeter and feels better!