Why settle for making someone smile with your kind words when you can actually make them laugh too? Tell someone special what you think of them and how much you care with a touch of humor thrown in.
These are some of our favorite funny compliments for everyone in your life, from the love of your life to your best friend, from your kids to your coworkers.
Short, Funny Compliments for Friends
Nothing beats a good laugh with a good friend, and you can totally make that happen with these hilarious compliments:
- I love being with you in public because your weirdness makes me look a little bit normal.
- You're more entertaining than a giant roll of bubble wrap.
- There's no one I would rather be a weirdo with.
- You're like the human version of pajamas — the most comfortable ever.
- You're the best bad influence in my life.
- No one else makes me laugh until I have to pee.
The secret to offering a really hilarious compliment is to do it when they least expect it. Send a text out of the blue or drop into their DMs with a funny message.
Compliments to Make Your Partner Laugh
Show your love and make your guy, girl, or special someone crack up at the same time. These hilarious compliments are flattering, flirty, and funny all at once:
- I love you more than caffeine, and you know how much I need my morning coffee.
- Is it weird that I wish I could binge-watch you?
- Between your language and your sex-appeal, you should totally come with a "for mature audiences only" warning.
- I love your face more than I love Nutella.
- You're the weirdest, most wonderful person I know (and I'm not just saying that because you make me look normal in comparison).
Funny Compliments for Kids
Every kid loves a dad (or mom) joke, and you can totally add a little of that dorky spice to your compliments for them. Here's a little inspiration to get you started:
- Just wanted to warn you. I'm going to be so happy to see you after school that I'll be the most embarrassingly affection parent in the pickup line.
- You're as sweet as a bear without teeth. Get it? A gummy bear?
- Just needed to tell you I'm pretty sure you're way smarter than the dog.
- You're so funny you've turned me into an egg. That's right. You crack me up.
- What if I got a magic machine that would shrink you super small so I could carry you around in my pocket and show off my amazing kid to people all day long? That would be totally cool with you, right?
Compliments to Crack Up Your Coworkers
Sure, work can be serious, but your relationship with your coworkers doesn't have to be. These funny compliments will make their work day:
- Your problem-solving skills are top-notch. Seriously, if I had to pick someone to get dropped into the wilderness with and endure sub-zero temps, rabid bears, and near starvation, it would totally be you.
- Dude, you work harder than a kindergarten teacher on the day after Halloween.
- If I have to spend eight hours a day working instead of eating chocolate and watching TV, at least I get to do it with you.
- Without you, work would feel like work. Oh, wait. Well, at least you're here.
- Clearly you're a magician, because you just made that work, and I don't see your rabbit anywhere.
One-Word Funny Compliments for Anyone
Sometimes less is more, and that applies to funny compliments, too. Try one of these, delivered with a smile:
Pun Compliments for Everyone
Everyone (okay, almost everyone) loves a great pun, and if you can combine a pun with a compliment, that's a win-win:
- Do you own a cow? Because you get butter every single day.
- Orange you amazing? You're the zest.
- Are you sending out spores? Because clearly, you're a fungi to hang out with.
- You're one of the most whale orca-nized people I've ever met.
- I donut know how to tell you just how sweet you are.
Witty, Funny, and Sincere at the Same Time
Making someone laugh is a great way to show them how special they are, and it's even better if you're offering a funny compliment that tells them how you feel. If it's witty or funny but also shares a sincere emotion, it's the perfect thing to say.