Love horses? Travel a lot? Combining the two makes perfect sense. You can get horse luggage in neutrals or whimsical colors, and pieces suitable for men, women, and children are available.
Where to Shop
Luggage with horses on it isn't the easiest to come by. You may not find what you're looking for during a last-minute trip to a big box store or department store, but you can have some luck online if you have the time.
Chick's Discount Saddlery
Chick's Saddlery offers backpacks, train cases, luggage sets designed with riders in mind, and more. In business since 1975, Chick's Discount Saddlery is a large discount retailer for saddlery and horse equipment, but they have plenty of other items for horse lovers, too, including luggage. Shipping is dependent on the cost of your order, but starts at just under $7.00. You can return items in new condition withing 30 days of purchase. Take a look at:
The English Horse Tapestry Show Luggage Set is available for about $60.00. While it was created for riders to transport and protect their show attire, others could make use of it, too. It comes with a coat bag, boot bag, and helmet bag, plus a hanging toiletries bag. The print features horses, boots, helmets, gloves, and more, on a light tan background. The coat bag has a place for identification, two small exterior pockets, padded carrying handles, and a zipper closure. The helmet bag has a carry strap, mesh pouch, and zipper closure, while the fully lined boot bag has two lined small pockets on the outside, ID pocket, reinforced bottom, and zipper closure. Those who want soft-sided pieces may appreciate this set, but may not be ideal for those who want hard case or water-resistant products.
Wildkin is a company based out of Nashville, Tennessee, that focuses on offering everyday essentials with fun prints and patterns. Shipping costs depend on the total order and preferred shipping method, and returns are accepted within 30 days of purchase. When it comes to horse prints, there are two patterns to choose from:
- Horse Dreams: A light taupe background, sometimes with black accents, that features brown, black, and white horses.
- Horses in Pink: A pink background with white, tan, and brown horses. This one also has black accents sometimes.
Each pattern has duffel bags, messenger bags, and backpacks. Horse Dreams also has a rolling duffel and pack-it-all pouch. Some examples include:
- The Horse Dreams Overnighter Duffel Bag (about $30.00), which is 18" x 9" x 9" and comes with a detachable padded shoulder strap. The exterior is nylon, so it's moisture-resistant, which is great if you're traveling in the rain and part of your trip has to be done on foot. There's also a zippered exterior pocket, perfect for storing a phone and/or earbuds.
Amazon has practically everything, including horse print luggage. They have some of the Wildkin products (both prints) as well as a few extras from other brands. Check out:
- The Stephen Joseph Classic Rolling Luggage in the Girl Horse style is available for less than $40.00 and perfect for little girls. There are a lot of smaller pockets for art supplies, headphones, and more. The extendable handle makes it easy for kids to pull behind them when the contents could make it too heavy to carry on their back. Shipping and returns are free.
- The HUGSIDEA 3D Animals Backpack is one of the brighter, more vibrant options out there, with a background of blue, teal, and magenta and a horse featuring many colors. It's large enough to carry a 15-inch laptop, among other things, and keeps things organized with two side mesh pockets, a zipper pocket on front, and a main compartment. It's good for school, of course, but it could also be all you need to spend one night away from home, or to keep the essentials near you when all of your other, larger luggage is in a trunk or other area you can't get to en route. Keep snacks, a tablet or laptop, headphones, a journal and pen, book, and more inside this backpack.
Back in The Saddle
A specialty store that has tons of different items for horse lovers, Back in The Saddle determines shipping charges based on your total order, with costs starting at just under $6 for orders of under $20.
They offer a Horse Print Carry On Rolling Suitcase made of durable synthetic leather and adorned with tooled trim and fun and feminine crystal and stud accents. It has a versatile dark brown background with white horses and horseshoes for the print. In addition to its rolling feature, it also has a padded handle. Its dimensions are 14" x 18" x 9". The material makes it a bit more water resistant than some other styles, but the synthetic leather could wear out over time, especially with frequent travel. You can purchase this for about $120.
Wild West Living
Wild West Living sells apparel, art, decor, home accessories, and more with a western theme. Shipping is free on orders of $50 or more, and orders can be returned within 30 days.
Wild West Living offers a Western Horse Art Three-Piece Luggage Set that features a bold single horse print painted by artist Laurie Prindle on each piece. It is embellished with rhinestones and silver studs along the top. Made from synthetic PU leather, it has a four-wheel spinner system for easy travel, telescoping handles, and a lined interior. An added benefit of this set is that it comes with both top and side handles, making it a bit more versatile than some other styles on the market. Dimensions are as follows: Large, 16" x 10" x 25"; Medium: 13.5" x 7.5 " x 20"; and Carry-on: 19" x 5" x 14." The style is more mature than some of the smaller prints out there, making it a good choice for an adult. It retails for about $350.
The Western Peddler
The Western Peddler sells home decor, gifts, apparel, jewelry, and more inspired by the west. Payments to this merchant are done through PayPal, and shipping rates vary depending on your order, starting at around $7.00.
The Running Horse Duffle Bag from The Western Peddler features a 18" X 11" X 9" main compartment with an outside mesh pocket where you can tuck your phone or keys. The bag is done in royal blue and black with a with a blue horse silhouette. You have the option to carry the bag by its grab handles or shoulder strap This bag set is more unisex than some of the other looks because it lacks the studs and crystals that other pieces sometimes use as accents. This bag runs about $40 and is also available in black and gray.
Get Your Luggage
Whether you prefer rugged or whimsical, neutrals or brights, there's horse print luggage out there for you. Take your pick between a simple backpack, a rolling bag, or even a three-piece set. Mix and match to show the world how much you love horses when you travel overnight or longer.