Nike is renowned for offering a range of high-quality footwear for a multitude of purposes. If you're a keen runner, hiker, or just in need of some everyday non-slip shoes, Nike can help you out. Even though the company doesn't provide a specific slip-resistant line, they still feature several pairs of shoes that have great traction.
Air Pegasus Zoom 34
The Nike Air Pegasus Zoom 34 shoes have excellent grip, according to The Independent, which makes them ideal for running and playing sports. They're made from Nike's breathable Flymesh material and have a comfortable cushioned midsole for all-day wear. They also absorb pressure as your feet hit the ground and cope very well with changes in pace and direction.
According to Today.com, Nike's MetCon 3 shoe is one of the best shoes to suit any type of workout due to its non-slip properties. Regardless of what type of exercise you undertake, cross-training workouts need a stable, steady shoe. As well as being durable with great lateral stability, the MetCon3 platform helps your feet to move and function naturally.
- Nike's MetCon 3 women's sneakers can be purchased Zappo's in three colors (though addition ones are available on Amazon). They cost around $120 and come in sizes 5.5 through 12.
- In addition, the men's version can be purchased from Zappo's. They also come in two color schemes in sizes 9.5-15 for about $120.
RunnerClick claims that LunarTempo is one of the best shoe options by Nike in terms of stability and traction. As well as being lightweight, they're flexible and breathable. They allow you to move, but they're also sturdy thanks to their reasonable level of stiffness. Whether you're hiking over rocky terrain or working on a slippery surface, the LunarTempo will provide enough grip to keep you upright and prevent potential injury.
Air Zoom Elite 8
Also highly rated on RunnerClick as having "great grip on a variety of surfaces," the Nike Air Zoom Elite 8 shoes offer highly responsive cushioning and a supportive fit. They have excellent traction due to the hexagonal pattern on the outsole and their rubber crash rail, which allows for seamless transitions. Moreover, the Flymesh upper sole provides good ventilation and allows your feet to breathe easily.
- Available in 21 styles from Amazon, the Nike Air Zoom Elite 8 women's shoe costs $76-$200. You can buy them in sizes 5-12.
- The men's shoe can be bought via Amazon in the same sizes for $68-$438. There are nine color ways available.
The LunarEpic Flyknit has excellent customer reviews and has been described as one of Nike's best slip-resistant shoes. It's made from high quality materials and has a fused foam midsole for enhanced durability. Furthermore, its outsole is laser cut, which provides excellent traction across different types of terrain, and it extends up over the ankle for further support.
- The high-top Nike LunarEpic Flyknit for women is available from Road Runner Sports for about $112. It comes in six varied styles (though you can find additional ones on Amazon) from size 6 through size 11.
- You can find the men's Nike LunarEpic Flyknit at Footlocker in several colors. These shoes cost $120- $150 and come in sizes 7-14.
Shopping for Shoes With Grip
Even though Nike doesn't offer a specific non-slip line, it is possible to find slip-resistant footwear in their collections for both men and women. Whether you're running on uneven terrain or working out on a slippery floor, Nike footwear has different levels of traction that cater to a range of occasions. Simply shop around to find a shoe with the right amount of grip for your specific needs.