Kate Spade handbags are iconic in the fashion industry. After all, the founder established the company to provide women with the perfect handbag. Combining sleek, utilitarian shapes with vivid hues, the Kate Spade motto is to "live colorfully." Even though the full price points of their collections differ from $60 to $700, you can find discounted purses in several places.
Kate Spade's Online Sales
Kate Spade continually has a "Sale" section of their official website where they offer handbag styles at up to 40 percent off. These are usually products from the previous season in clearance or products from the current season that aren't selling very well. This means that the selection varies substantially at any one time, so you can easily grab some of the brand's most distinctive bag designs for less. Choose from hobo bags, totes, wallets, satchels and more in one solid color or a multitude of hues.
Simply join the Kate Spade official mailing list and you will receive 15 percent off to put towards your new purse. Once you've joined, you will receive daily emails from the brand informing you of sales, deals, and discounts for a limited time before they even happen. This is great benefit as it allows you to be one of the first customers to know about upcoming sales; therefore, you can pick out the best handbag bargains.
Discounted Retail Divisions
A lot of department stores or larger retailers have off-price divisions nowadays where they offer designer brands for less.
- For instance, physical and online department store Nordstrom has Nordstrom Rack. As well as having an online store, they have physical locations dotted around the U.S. You can find the closest one to you by using the Store Locator. Nordstrom Rack is "where style meets savings" and you can purchase a Kate Spade bag at up to 70 percent off recommended retail prices (RRPs).
- Similarly, major online clothing retailer Zappos has 6pm.com, where they serve customers "some of the best deals and discounted fashion online since 2007." Kate Spade bags feature frequently on the 6pm site, with typical discounts being around the 35 percent mark. Just type in the brand and product category in the search bar to get the best results.
In addition to Nordstrom and Zappos, Kate Spade handbags are sold through many other major department stores and retailers. Like Kate Spade, these shops often host sales where they offer deals on branded items that they're trying to clear. The current deals include:
- Macy's - Find up to 40 percent off RRPs.
- Bloomingdale's - This retailer is offering up to 55 percent off.
- Saks Fifth Avenue - Look for savings of up to 30 percent off here.
- Dillard's - Enjoy up to 50 percent off.
- DSW - Carries Kate Spade wallets at a discounted price.
Kate Spade Outlet Stores
As well as selling their handbags via their official stores and retail partnerships, Kate Spade has a range of outlet stores in the U.S. These outlets are sometimes part of an outlet mall and sit beside other designer outlets. If you head to your nearest outlet, you can expect to receive up to 60 percent off full price products across all the handbag and purse categories. Simply visit the brand's online Store Locator page and select the "Outlet" option to pull up your local list.
If you don't mind purchasing pre-owned fashion, there are many secondhand shops online where you can find Kate Spade bags from previous seasons. They're well worth checking out, as sometimes you will find items that have barely been used at an extremely low price point. Consider the following stores.
- eBay has a variety of Kate Spade handbag styles listed from past and current seasons for a fraction of their full price points. The lowest priced item starts at $20.
- Tradesy feature an abundance of secondhand Kate Spade bags in a variety of hues at up to 75 percent off RRPs. They'll even take $25 off your first order with them if you sign up to their mailing list.
Discovering the Sales
A Kate Spade handbag is a must-have in the fashion world, but not everybody can afford their steep price points. That's why it's handy to know where you can discover the same styles for less. Explore and experiment with the different options available and it'll only be a matter of time before you grab yourself a bargain handbag you'll love.