When someone you care about moves into a new home, that's a momentous occasion that should be acknowledged with a message of congratulations. Whether you talk to them in person or send a message, card, or housewarming gift, what's really important is that you take the time to let them know that you're happy you are for them and proud of them.
Congratulations Captions for a New House
Short captions are often the best sayings to congratulate people who have just secured a new home. Whether you're making a social media post, creating a meme, or sending a quick text, the concise messages below get the point across.
- Settle in.
- Key official.
- What a house!
- Dwell in peace.
- Make it yours.
- Move-in ready.
- Home security.
- A place for you.
- Your pad to unlock.
- Unlock your future.
- Happy homesteading.
- Awesome accommodations.
Congratulations on Your New Home Sayings
Whether you're captioning as social media post or creating a cool meme to share with someone who just bought a house as a way of saying congratulations, consider the creative sayings below.
- This house looks great on you.
- What a perfect place to lay your head!
- Congratulations on securing your new home.
- Congratulations on finding your perfect place.
- Well wishes for your new life in your new home.
- Way to adult! Congratulations on your new abode.
- Best wishes for many happy years in your new home.
- May love and laughter fill every inch of your new home.
- Wishing you all the best as you feather your very own nest.
- Congratulations on finding the perfect place to raise your family.
- Unpack, put away, look around with pride and remember this day.
- Congratulations on finding the four walls in which your future will unfold.
Special Messages for First-Time Homeowners
If the person you want to congratulate is a first-time homeowner, give them a shout-out for reaching this major milestone. Sayings to consider include:
- Just think - you'll never have to pay rent again.
- This house, this house, this house is all yours!
- Homeownership is a journey, not a destination.
- Welcome to the grown-up world of homeownership!
- Purchasing a new home is a sound investment in your future.
- Owning your own home is definitely a symptom of adulting.
- Doesn't it feel great to own your own piece of the American dream?
- Think of your mortgage payment as an investment in a secure future.
- Don't think of your new house like debt. Think of it as planning for your future by hedging a bet.
- A home warranty is a worthwhile investment; it's the next best thing to having a landlord to fix things.
- Congratulations on being fully responsible for the care of a large structure that you rely on for shelter.
- One day soon, you'll reach for the phone to call the landlord and then realize that you have to fix everything yourself.
Thoughtful Housewarming Messages
Looking for a congratulations message to include with a housewarming gift or card for the new homeowners? The list below provides several options appropriate for a housewarming party or special delivery.
- Make your new home uniquely yours.
- Soon your new house will feel like home.
- Design a life you love in your new special place.
- It warms my heart to help warm your new home.
- Home is where the sweetest memories are made.
- Just a little something to help you feather your nest.
- May your home be a place where love grows stronger.
- A new house is like a blank slate just waiting for you to decorate.
- Home begins in the garden; may yours be beautiful and productive.
- Enjoy adding the special touches that will turn your new house into your home.
- Here's a little something to help you get a head start on decorating your new home.
- Nothing makes the heart happier than a place to call home in a space that is all your own.
Funny Housewarming Messages
If you'd rather opt for a housewarming message that strikes a humorous note, explore the amusing sayings below for inspiration.
- Enjoy being residents of your new residence.
- Welcome to your haunted - I mean happy! - house.
- You'll never have to go to another open house again!
- A word of advice: Don't tick off the homeowners association.
- Finally - all those Sundays spent going to open houses paid off!
- Don't say I didn't warn you about the neighborhood association.
- You did more than get a room - you leveled up to the whole house!
- Here's to hoping that you're the weirdest family in the neighborhood.
- Your search is over, the real estate deal is done. Now it's time to have some fun.
- Save the moving boxes - when you have kids, they'll like them more than the toys you buy.
Blessing Quotes and Sayings for a New Home
For a particularly touching message of well-wishes to someone who has just gotten a new house, consider a brief and sweet blessing like the ones below.
- Blessings for living a joyful life in your new home.
- May your life in this home be blessed with love, laughter, and success.
- May your life in this home be blessed with memories to cherish forever.
- May your new house be a place where you can curate a life that you love.
- Wherever you go, wherever you live, blessings be on you and all in your crib.
- May the path you follow lead to a life well lived in a house that is really a home.
- Blessings on all who enter this home to stay safe and warm and free from harm.
- Blessings on you and your home, along with all who dwell within or visit these four walls.
- Blessings on this home, that it may long provide you with shelter, safety, security, and love.
- Blessed are you with a roof over your head and a place for your bed with a kitchen to prepare meals where your family will be fed.
Housewarming Wishes for a Sibling
When your brother or sister moves into a new home, that deserves a special message of congratulations, along with fair warning that they'd better make sure there's room for you.
- Congrats on your new crib, sib.
- Your house called. It wants me to move in.
- Congratulations on your new home! Which room is mine?
- Bro/sis, you've got the house. When are you going to find a spouse?
- Now you have a place to start your own family traditions! Am I invited?
- I must confide: I'm so proud my brother/sister has a new place to reside.
- Welcome to your new pad! Do you have a room set aside for mom and dad?
- Bro/sis, I'm available for house sitting duties at any time, whether you're there or not!
- You know what's missing from your house? Your little brother/sister sleeping on your couch!
- My wish for you in your new house is that you'll let me couch surf. I promise I'll be as quiet as a mouse.
- The best way to complete your housewarming is for me to do a bit of couch surfing. I'll be there tomorrow.
- It's all fun and games in a family until the siblings grow up and start buying houses. Happy housewarming.
New Home Congratulations From Sellers or Builders
If you've recently sold a home that you have lived in or that you built to sell, you might want to share a personalized congratulations message like the ones below with the buyer, or even write them a formal letter of congratulations.
- This house will love you back if you let it.
- May you and your family enjoy making this house your home.
- This house has been waiting for you since even before it was built.
- Best wishes as you start the new chapter of your life within these four walls.
- The sale is closed, the house is yours to own. Now it's time to make it your own.
- We built the house upon the ground, but it's the family inside that will make it a home.
- It was my dream for our home to go to a wonderful family like yours who will love it the way we did.
- We built the structure; think of it as the starting point where you can sculpt the life you were meant to live.
- Congratulations on your decision, and thank you for letting us play a small role in your path to homeownership.
- We are sad to leave, but with your family moving in, there is no need for us to grieve. We know you'll have a wonderful life in this house.
Many Options for New Home Messages
Whatever tone you prefer, there are plenty of ways to let someone know that you're happy that they have found a new home. There are a lot of choices above, but there are plenty of other things to say. For even more options, explore more than 50 new home quotes to bring on the happy vibes. Whatever you say, the person who has a new home is sure to be pleased that you passed on your sincere congratulations.