Everyone needs a little bit (or a lot!) of encouragement sometimes. When a situation calls for words of encouragement, quotes can provide a way to convey a reassuring and inspirational message. Whether you're the one who needs to be encouraged or you're looking to boost someone else's confidence, you're sure to find an expression that's just right in this extensive collection of encouraging quotes and sayings.
Short Encouraging Quotes
Short and sweet encouraging expressions make great personal mantras because they're easy to remember. They also make great Instagram captions for those times you feel like posting an encouraging shout-out to your friends and followers.
- Why not you?
- Seize success.
- Forward march.
- You're my hero.
- I know you can.
- Embrace tomorrow.
- Your story isn't over.
- Embracing the amazing.
- Patience is a superpower.
- Bravery + ambition = greatness.
- You can do more than you think.
- You are a work of art, in progress.
- Don't accept less than you expect.
Encouraging Quotes for Friends
When your friends need a little encouragement, you can provide the support they need with a special quote that offers a powerful perspective. Give your buddies a boost with inspirational sayings.
- I am in awe of your resilience.
- Don't underestimate yourself.
- Don't just think you can. Know it!
- You deserve nothing less than joy.
- The world is better because you are in it.
- You have the power to prove them wrong.
- You are exactly who you are supposed to be.
- Laugh at your mistakes, then leave them behind.
- Whatever you think you can do, you can do even more.
- It's your time to shine, and I'm here to hold the spotlight.
- Your standards are the only ones that should matter to you.
- The things that make you unique are the very things that will lead to your success.
- If you could see yourself through my eyes, you would know how incredible you are.
Encouraging Quotes for Work
Everyone sometimes feels stressed out or frustrated about work. A funny or motivational quote for work can be just the thing to help yourself, or someone else, get back on the fast track to career success.
- Show that job who's boss.
- Work to live, but live to love.
- Motivation + attitude = success.
- You're the boss of your own career path.
- You are better at this than you think you are.
- Quitting a bad job is a step in the right direction.
- You're on your way to the career of your dreams.
- Entry level is just a pit stop on your way to success.
- If at first you don't get the job, apply and apply again.
- There's a better job out there just waiting for you to apply.
- Give it time; you're on your way to the promotion you deserve.
- Everybody begins at the bottom; where you go from there is up to you.
- Everyone starts at entry-level. Shine where you are and you're sure to go far.
Encouraging Quotes for Women
With so many expectations and responsibilities, it's not surprising that women sometimes need words of encouragement. Use these encouraging sayings to help build up a woman you know who could do with a bit of a boost.
- Succeed on your own terms.
- Girl power moves mountains.
- Push back, say no. Life will go on.
- You light up every room you enter.
- No glass ceiling can hold you back.
- You'll always be Wonder Woman to me.
- Emotional intelligence is a superpower.
- You can multitask like nobody's business.
- I can't wait to see you prove yourself wrong.
- Give yourself a break. You don't have to be all things to all people.
- You are a daughter of the universe; all possibilities are available to you.
- If anyone can do it all, you can. Just remember that you don't actually have to do it all.
Encouraging Quotes for Students
School can be stressful, so it's not surprising that students of all ages often find themselves in need of support. Encouraging expressions like the ones below can help the students see why it's so important to persevere.
- School builds character.
- Fill your mind, fuel your passion.
- It's never too late to learn a new trade.
- Every lesson you learn has great value.
- Your hard work will pay off exponentially.
- Education builds competence and confidence.
- Learning how to be a good classmate helps you grow into a great person.
- Even when you're finished with school, you'll still keep learning new things.
- Learn a little every day and soon you'll have amassed a wealth of knowledge.
- The work you're putting in today will pave a path to a future filled with success.
- The education you acquire today will open doors for you for the rest of your life.
- The skills you build in school are assets that no one will ever be able to take away from you.
- Learning what doesn't interest you is just as important as learning what does. That's how you'll decide what you do - and don't - want to be when you grow up.
Encouraging Aspirational Quotes
When a person is aspiring to reach a goal or pass a milestone, they're bound to experience a few roadblocks along the way. Use these aspirational quotes to inspire inner strength, self-love and perseverance.
- Greatness is your destiny.
- Incredible things lie ahead.
- Persevere and you will prevail.
- You've come too far to give up now.
- Step up, step out, and break free from the ordinary.
- Stay the course; you're on the road to extraordinary.
- You have the capacity to curate the life of your dreams.
- The life of your dreams is out there waiting for you to arrive.
- The strength you need is waiting inside you, just waiting to be set free.
- Get out there and let the rest of the world see just how awesome you are.
- You have accomplished many great things already, with the best still left to come.
- You have the heart and soul of a warrior. There is no obstacle you cannot overcome.
- I have seen you overcome seemingly insurmountable obstacles. I know you can do this if you just keep going.
Funny Encouraging Quotes
Encouraging quotes don't have to be super serious. Some of the most moving and meaningful sayings come in the form of funny quotes. After all, laughter really can be the best medicine.
- Karma owes you one.
- Ain't no stopping success.
- Don't make me uplift you.
- Comfort zones are for wimps.
- I never met a barrier I couldn't beat.
- Wash that doubt right out of your hair.
- One bad decision away from perfection.
- Haters, haters, go away. Don't come back on any day.
- Of course you are awesome! Why else would I like you?
- Go ahead, underestimate me. We'll see how that works out.
- Don't make me snatch that negative self-talk out of your mouth.
- Someday you'll look back and laugh at everyone who doubted you.
Quotes About Encouraging Others
Everyone can benefit from a reminder of just how important it is to encourage other people.
- Boost your besties.
- Mission encouragement.
- Be the antidote to unkindness.
- Encouraging others is its own reward.
- Be the light in someone else's darkness.
- Make it your mission to build up others.
- Leave people even better than you found them.
- Be the person who helps others see what is possible.
- A kind word can change a person's life in immeasurable ways.
- Encouragement is a powerful way to leave others better than you found them.
- When you put your friends up on pedestals, you'll be surrounded by greatness.
- Helping others see their potential is a concrete way to make the world a better place.
Lean on Quotes About Encouragement
There are many ways to combine words into encouraging expressions. Encouraging quotes like the ones above can provide comfort in hard and tough times. They can even help inspire people to overcome adversity to find their way to better days ahead.