Christmas has passed, and everyone's favorite bunny is right around the corner! By the time the Christmas lights get packed away and the holiday decor gets stuffed back into storage, it is just about time to look forward to spring and get in the spirit of Easter. Celebrate the spring holiday with a couple of funny Easter quotes cute enough to make everyone giggle.
Bunny-Inspired Easter Quotes
Bunnies and Easter go together like peanut butter and jelly. It is hard to imagine an Easter celebration without the cute, fuzzy little cottontails making an appearance. These funny Easter quotes are all about the laughs and the rabbit.
- Giant bunnies hopping around the house leaving eggs everywhere proves that kids really will believe just about anything you tell them.
- Just about any problem can be solved with a chocolate bunny before sunrise.
- Easter makes me sad as chocolate bunnies remind me of my dating life: Both are hollow and leave me sick to my stomach.
- Just as kids recover from having to sit on Santa's lap, parents throw them to a stranger in a dirty bunny suit, and we wonder why kids grow up to have issues!
Famous Funny Easter Quotes
These egg-stra hilarious Easter-inspired quotes will have tears running down your face. Share them with your holiday guests to set a warm and funny tone during your Easter gathering.
"My mom used to say that Greek Easter was late because then you get stuff cheaper." - Amy Sedaris.
"The Easter bunny ate all of the carrots we left for him. What a pig." - Steve Carell
"That first Easter must have been awkward because you know the apostles had already divided up Jesus' stuff." - William Ader
"My favorite Catholic holiday is Easter. For those of you that don't know, Easter is the day we celebrate Jesus rising from the grave and coming back to Earth as a rabbit that hides colored eggs." - Adam Ferrara.
"Lent was invented so Catholics could take another shot at their New Year's resolutions."- Melanie White
"Easter is so disappointing. You suffer through lent, and what do you get for it? A ham." - Garrison Keillor
"Good Idea: Finding Easter eggs on Easter. Bad Idea: Finding Easter eggs on Christmas." - Jack Handy
"Easter combines the best of the present with the traditions of the past - like Cadbury cream eggs with hunting and gathering." - Melanie White
Egg-Cellent Easter Quotes to Put Smiles on Everyone's Faces
Easter is all about Jesus rising from the dead...and eggs! Most people work the coloring of eggs, hiding eggs, and cooking with eggs into the Easter holiday, and these egg-cellent easter quotes are funny enough to crack anyone up (see what we did there?)
- The Easter season means claiming a protein-packed egg diet but living off of milk chocolate and peanut butter cup eggs for the next month.
- There is no greater Easter fear than counting 14 hardboiled Easter eggs found, but knowing you hid 15 of them.
- Every Easter, parents rise at 5 am to hide eggs all over their home. They smell, they stain, and at some point, you cook them and chance the fates with food poisoning. It isn't all it's "cracked" up to be.
- Next Easter, have your partner hide the eggs. Look at where they put them. This is how you determine what kind of person you married.
- Easter teaches us about faith, humanity, rebirth, and exactly how long egg salad can sit on a counter before everyone gets food poisoning.
- Little kids who live for the Easter egg hunt grow up to be golfers.
- Your Easter egg dyeing skills shall remain the same no matter how old you get. Never can you achieve a Pinterest-perfect died egg.
- If Easter teaches us anything, it is that chocolate for breakfast is the answer to all.
Funny Easter Quotes Just for Parents
For kids, the fun of Easter lies in the hunt for brightly colored eggs and the rifling through Easter baskets. For parents, the joy centers around sneaking kids' Cadbury eggs when they are not looking. Ahhh, Easter, a holiday that has a little something for everyone.
- While kids count the days down to Easter morning, parents mentally prepare to pick up faux Easter grass out of every nook and cranny of the home for the next six months.
- Are you even a parent if you don't eat half of the Cadbury eggs prior to hiding an Easter basket?
- Whoever made up the Easter bunny is either the most genius or most demented parent to walk the Earth. The jury is out.
- Every kid who ended up with the purple and black jellybeans in their basket has a right to question their parents' love.
- Funny how kids cannot find their socks, backpacks, or lunchboxes, but they have eagle eyes when it comes to spotting a hidden Easter egg.
- Being a parent means having to answer hard questions like, "What do candy and giant bunnies have to do with Jesus?"
- Can you even claim to be a good parent after forcing your child to sit on the lap of a giant mall bunny? Probably not.
- By Easter, parents are done. They have powered through the holidays, from Halloween to present. This is why kids are allowed to find their Easter baskets at 7 am and eat the entire contents before breakfast. No one has the will to care any longer.
- Watching your child bite the head off a chocolate bunny without a single thought makes one wonder if they are raising a legit psychopath.
Keep the Season Lovely and Lighthearted
Keep Easter light and festive with a few funny quotes that highlight the joy of the season. Easter is a religious holiday, centering around some heavy stuff, but it is also a holiday packed with games, treats, and the promise of a fresh spring season. Celebrate your Easter holiday will family, friends, jokes, puns, and laughter as you honor your beliefs, gobble up that ham, and eat your kids' candy eggs when they are not looking.