Great relationships can come suddenly, develop over time, or blossom from a sweet friendship. But the long-lasting and best relationships require effort and intention.
Relationship effort quotes remind us why we continue to show up every day for the person we love. In these quotes, you'll find all the reasons why making a relationship work can be well worth the effort.
Quotes to Remind Us Love Means Putting in Effort
The falling in love part can feel easy once you're faced with the reality of the relationship. Love often requires great effort once the initial infatuation wears off, and these quotes can remind you of why it's so important to never stop trying in love.
- Love means showing up every day for the other person.
- You're worth all the work our relationship requires.
- I love you enough to bring my best self to the table.
- You've always been worth it to me.
- Love isn't easy, but it's worth all the effort.
- Find a love that makes you want to try.
- I'll never give up on our love story.
- I know this won't be easy, but I love you enough to never stop trying.
- When you find someone worth all the effort relationships require, you'll know you've found the one.
- You'll know you're ready for love when you're ready to put in the effort it requires.
- Falling in love is easy, staying in love takes work.
Quotes About Equal Effort In a Relationship
Every day of your relationship may not look the same, and there are seasons when one half will have to put in more effort than the other. But, overall, equal effort can contribute to success in a healthy relationship. These quotes speak to that idea.
- I'm giving you my best every day because I trust that you are too.
- True love is two people giving their best effort to keep the relationship strong.
- We are both showing up every day to keep this relationship strong.
- Strong relationships require two hard-working partners.
- We bring equal efforts to the table while knowing there will be times I carry you and times you carry me.
- I promise to love you even in life's ugliest moments if you promise to love me despite all my faults.
- I'm ready to give you my whole heart as we meet each other halfway in this relationship.
- If you're ready to give this thing everything you've got, so am I.
- As long as we both bring our best, I know we can do this.
- If I show up for you and you show up for me, our relationship will only get stronger.
- There will be days you try harder than me. Days I try harder than you. What matters most is that both of those days happen.
Relatable Quotes About Building Relationships
Falling in love is only half the story. Once you've decided you're in, it's time to start building the relationship you both want. Here are some quotes to inspire your efforts.
- Our love came about easily, but our relationship takes work.
- Being in love and building a relationship are different things.
- Building a great relationship takes time, patience, and plenty of forgiveness.
- I promise to spend a lifetime building this relationship with you.
- Building a relationship with you has been one of my life's greatest joys.
- I won't pretend every step was easy, but every part of building this relationship was worth the work.
- I can't wait to build a life with you.
- Building a relationship might not last forever, but it also builds a new and better version of yourself.
- I don't care what life brings, as long as it's a life I get to build with you.
- Relationships start with passion, but it's trust that builds the foundation.
- To build a relationship together is one of life's greatest projects.
- What we've built can stand against any storm of life.
- You make the hard work of building a relationship fun.
Inspiring Quotes About Making a Relationship Work
Making a relationship work isn't just about getting through the hard times. It's about always showing up, always trying, and never backing down when love and life present challenges.
- We knew this wouldn't be easy. But we also knew it would be worth the work.
- Love is easy. Relationships take work.
- I love you enough to try and make this work.
- As long as we work hard in our relationship, we won't have to try so hard to make it work.
- Find the person who makes working hard at your relationship feel like anything but work.
- Working hard on your relationship is the key to a life-long love story.
- When life gives you love, work hard to turn it into trust, dedication, and fun.
- The work you put into a relationship reflects the love you have for the person.
- Find someone who loves you enough to never stop trying to make it work.
- You captured my heart. Now I'll do my best to make it a heart worth keeping.
- I'm working on myself every day so I can make this relationship work.
Famous Quotes About Relationship Effort
There's a lot of wisdom about love out there. These famous quotes speak to the wisdom in learning the value of working hard in your relationship.
"Love doesn't just sit there, like a stone, it has to be made, like bread; remade all the time, made new." - Ursula K. Le Guin, The Lathe of Heaven
"Love is like a friendship caught on fire. In the beginning a flame, very pretty, often hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. As love grows older, our hearts mature and our love becomes as coals, deep-burning and unquenchable." — Bruce Lee, Striking Thoughts: Bruce Lee's Wisdom for Daily Living
"We don’t learn to love each other well in the easy moments. Anyone is good company at a cocktail party. But love is born when we misunderstand one another and make it right, when we cry in the kitchen, when we show up uninvited with magazines and granola bars, in an effort to say, I love you." – Shauna Niequist, Bread and Wine: A Love Letter to Life Around the Table with Recipes
"Constancy in love is a good thing; but it means nothing, and is nothing, without constancy in every kind of effort." - Charles Dickens, Bleak House
Don't Give Up On Love
Some of the hardest things we face in life present the greatest reward and love is no exception. It requires work and a lot of effort, but it's also well worth everything it demands. When you're with someone who sees the value in building a relationship, all the hard work can truly pay off.