People looking for comfortable, quality footwear often turn to Birkenstock to meet their needs. Since these well-made shoes and sandals can be pricey, many shoppers are interested in buying these quality shoes at a discount. Although some shoppers search for them at local outlet malls, Birkenstock outlets can best be found in Germany. If you are not in Europe, bargains can be easily found online and at a few American stores.
Outlet Stores in Germany
There are 15 Birkenstock Outlets throughout Germany, including some near Hamburg and Basel. A complete list of these outlets, along with a few German sale factories and warehouses, can be found at Factory-Outlets.org.
You can find great deals at these stores. For example, a TripAdvisor reviewer praises the store in Bad Honnef, which is located near the Rhine River, 48.2 km from Cologne and 18.9 km from Bonn. The reviewer writes that prices are much more economical than elsewhere, and praises its variety of styles and sizes as well as excellent savings.
The Bad Honnef store is located at Rheinstraße 2, 53604 Bad Honnef, Germany. It is open Monday - Friday from 9 a.m. until 7 p.m. and Saturday from 9 a.m. until 6 p.m. It is closed on Sunday. The store's phone number is +49 2224 9238102.
If you're nowhere near a factory outlet and need a bargain Birkenstock fix, consider one of these e-boutiques instead. Chances are, you will find prices below retail.
- Birkenstock Express: This website is dedicated to the comfortable, supportive footwear. They have an online bargain section that features the shoes starting around $50, daily deals, and other promotions. Free shipping is available along with free UPS return labels for exchanges.
- Amazon.com offers an outstanding assortment of the sandals and clogs, both classic and fashion styles, at discounted prices starting around $40. Several styles also include free shipping to Amazon Prime members.
- 6PM.com provides a wide variety of discounts at great prices starting around $30. With daily deals and sales, the site offers up to 70 percent off all styles and free ground shipping on two or more items at any price, or one item totaling $50.
- Nordstrom Rack's website has a fair selection of discontinued, less fashion-forward Birkenstocks, priced at between 25 and 70 percent off retail. You may even find children's sizes. Free shipping is offered on all orders over $100, and the return policy is 90-days.
Happy Feet Plus offers a wide selection of sizes and styles of the footwear on sale at prices as low as $49. Happy Feet Plus is dedicated to healthy, environmentally aware footware. The website offers free priority shipping, and exchanges and returns within 60 days of shipping date on unworn shoes.
Zappos carries a huge selection of Birkenstock sandals, shoes, clogs and socks for men, women and children. Prices run from about $40 up to around $170. Zappos offers free shipping on all orders and there's no minimum purchase. Return shipping is also free and you can return an item within 365 of purchase.
A few American retailers carry Birkenstocks in-store at bargain prices. Examples include:
- Footwise: Birkenstock Express, known for their bargain outlet online, is a division of Footwise, a family-owned business with four locations in Oregon - Corvallis, Eugene, Portland, and Hood River.
- Nordstrom Rack: In addition to the online store, this off-price retailer has several brick and mortar outlet stores across the United States with new arrivals added every week. Birkenstock is one of the discounted brands sold at up to 70 percent off the original retail price.
High quality shoes aren't cheap, and these unique shoes are known for both quality and comfort. You can occasionally find them for less than $35 with a discount retailer, although you can generally expect to pay at least $50 for a pair of sandals or clogs. Prices run up to around $150. The children's collections of sandals and clogs run slightly less expensive than adult sizes.
Finding the Best Deals
While there are only a few Birkenstock factory outlets in the world, you can find these shoes at a discounted price if you are willing to spend some time searching for the best deals. Even though they may be more expensive than other sandals, the price is worth it for a fine quality shoe.