Sometimes we all need a reminder to relax and let go of all that stress we carry around. These "don't stress" quotes are perfect for sending to friends and family during those challenging times or for reading to yourself when you know you need to chill a little. Think of them as comforting reminders for those super stressful moments.
Calming Quotes for Stressful Times
We all have those days (or weeks) when everything seems overwhelming and impossible. Even just the feeling of being so stressed can add to the stress itself. These calming quotes can help.
- One day at a time. One thing at a time. One breath at a time.
- Your peace of mind is just as important as anything you have to do today.
- Breathe in. Breathe out. Repeat.
- You are like a strong oak tree in a storm. Let the weather swirl around you.
- You can do anything, but you don't have to do everything.
- Acknowledge your stress like you would a scared child. Remind it everything will be okay.
- You have a process for everything. Trust your process.
- Give yourself the gift of one moment to breathe. You've got this.
- Every day is possible. Today is no exception.
- One foot in front of the other. One breath and then the next.
Soothing Stress Relief Quotes for Anxiety
Sometimes, it's not just one day or one thing that has you stressed out. Instead, it's just a feeling you deal with regularly. Calming yourself is an important form of self-care and can help it all feel way more manageable.
- Surround yourself with thoughts of calm water and still silence. You deserve a moment of peace.
- Let go of who you think you should be and what you think you should do. Just be you. Just be now.
- You've done it before, and you can do it again.
- Sometimes we look for reasons to feel stress, just to explain why we feel it. But feelings don't need a reason, and they don't always mean there's a problem.
- Your stress doesn't define you. Your capability does.
- You can be stressed out and a survivor at the same time.
- Make a list of everything you have to do, but remember to put "take care of yourself" at the top.
- Every stressful moment ends, and you can let the feeling dissipate like the rain in a storm cloud.
- You have everything you need. You are everything you need.
- In this moment, let go of all of it. Be here and now.
If you need a reminder to de-stress, try printing out one of these quotes and taping it to your bathroom mirror. You'll read it every day when you're getting ready.
Empowering Quotes to Handle Stress
Stress doesn't have to be a useless emotion. You can channel that feeling into action. These empowering quotes will inspire you.
- Think of stress as the gas pedal in a car. You can use it to move forward or backward, but the gear you choose is up to you.
- Stress doesn't have to stay stagnant and swirling. Decide what you can control and channel that energy into action. The rest is about letting go.
- You have the power to fix what needs fixing and do what needs doing. One thing at a time.
- Stress can feel like being stuck, but it's not. It's just motivation that doesn't have a direction yet.
- Make it your goal today to be kinder to yourself. Let yourself take the time you need to breathe. Everything will wait.
- Stress is a normal response to a busy life. Fearing stress makes it stronger, but allowing it lets it go.
- Use your stress as a barometer. When the pressure feels high, let off some steam. Your body is telling you to relax.
- You are the one in control of your life. You are the one who controls your stress.
- In the stressful moments, look around. Remind yourself you're not in this alone.
- Be patient with your life and with yourself. You've got this under control.
Famous Quotes to Ease Stress
Feeling stressed is a part of being human, and people have been coming up with strategies to ease stress for centuries. Lean into the wisdom of some of the greatest minds with these quotes to stop stress.
- "Relax. No one else knows what they're doing either." - Ricky Gervais
- "Breathing in, I know that anxiety is in me. Breathing out, I smile to my anxiety." - Thich Nhat Hanh
- "In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity." - Albert Einstein
- "There cannot be a stressful crisis next week. My schedule is already full." - Henry Kissinger
- "In times of stress, the best thing we can do for each other is to listen with our ears and our hearts and to be assured that our questions are just as important as our answers.” - Fred Rogers
- "There is more to life than increasing its speed." - Mahatma Gandhi
- "If you’re struggling, reach out and ask for help. Find a meeting. Get a therapist. Call a friend. We don’t have to do this alone. We were never meant to." - Brene Brown
- “I think the most important thing is to take the long view on things." - Barack Obama
- “Within you, there is a stillness and a sanctuary to which you can retreat at any time and be yourself.” - Herman Hesse
- “The greatest weapon against stress is our ability to choose one thought over another.” - William James
Let Positive "Don't Stress" Quotes Inspire You
Stress is normal, and feeling overwhelmed by it is normal too. Turn to positive "don't stress" quotes when you need a reminder to calm down and focus on what really matters to you. You've got this covered. We promise.