Are you looking for the right words to help motivate an important woman in your life? Whether that woman happens to be you or a friend, family member, or colleague, you're sure to find just the right thing to say in this collection of inspirational quotes for women.
Short Inspirational Quotes for Women
A few carefully selected words can combine to provide powerful prose. If you're looking for a personal mantra for yourself or another woman in your life, consider these brief inspirational sayings.
- Women rule.
- Still she rises.
- Live out loud.
- Bold is beautiful.
- Embody courage.
- Redefine ladylike.
- Prove them wrong.
- Become even better.
- Rise to your occasion.
- Speak up and be heard.
- Live life unapologetically.
Inspiring Quotes for Women
Everyone needs some encouraging words and motivation from time to time. If you know a woman who needs a reminder of all she can accomplish, consider sharing one of these inspirational quotes for women.
- Rise to every occasion.
- Stand up and be counted.
- Take a chance on yourself.
- Women are meant to be heard.
- Speak up and change the world.
- Resilient women rule the world.
- Be a vocal violet, not a shrinking one.
- If the rules don't work for you, rewrite them.
- You have the strength to stand up for yourself.
- Do not sit quietly while someone underestimates you.
- The woman you are is the person you were meant to be.
Inspirational Quotes About Strong Women
There is no stopping a strong, confident woman. If someone you know needs a reminder about the importance of confidence and strength, share one or more of the inspirational quotes below.
- Strong women persevere.
- Strong women never settle.
- Strong women rule the world.
- There's no stopping a strong woman.
- Your strength is limited only by your resilience.
- Strong women refuse to fit other people's molds.
- The strongest women know when to lean on others.
- Strong women are brave enough to allow themselves to be vulnerable.
- Be strong enough to recognize that no one's expectations matter but your own.
- If you don't feel strong enough yet, just get started. You'll find your strength along the way.
Inspirational Quotes for Working Women
From quotes for working moms to sayings to inspire professional motivation, there are plenty of inspirational expressions for women focused on the world of work.
- Rise with respect.
- Demand to be valued for all you are.
- Never settle for a job where you are undervalued.
- A glass ceiling is but a speed bump on the way to success.
- Never apologize for your success. You earned it, so own it!
- You don't have to have it all, but you absolutely can have all you want.
- Set your sights on the career of your dreams and let nothing get in the way.
- Your potential is inside of you, just waiting to be unleashed. Give it free rein.
- Rise to meet your own standards, regardless of what anyone else's expectations may be.
- Being strong isn't about doing everything on your own; it's about knowing when to reach out for help.
Inspiring Quotes to Motivate Young Women
The earlier in life a young woman realizes how powerful she really is, the faster she'll start making her mark on the world. Use these quotes to inspire the next generation of women.
- Use your voice.
- Aspire to change the world.
- Get out there and be amazing.
- Be the heroine of your own story.
- There is no such thing as just a girl.
- Your voice counts, and so does your vote. Exercise both freely.
- Become comfortable in your own skin. It is what you were meant to wear.
- Your future is a blank canvas, just waiting for you. Live your life like a work of art.
- No matter what path someone else wants you to take, stay the course that is right for you.
- If you come across a person who has low expectations because you're a girl, that says more about them than it does about you. Prove them wrong.
Famous Inspirational Quotes by Women
Sometimes the most inspirational quotes come from women who have overcome obstacles to accomplish great success in their lives. Explore a selection of inspiring sayings from some truly impressive women.
- "Because confidence is like respect; you have to earn it." - Mindy Kaling in Why Not Me?
- "Your story is what you have, what you will always have. It is something to own." - Michelle Obama in Becoming
- "Happiness comes from being who you actually are instead of who you think you are supposed to be." - Shonda Rhimes in Year of Yes
- "I believe that if more women lean in, we can change the power structure of our world and expand opportunities." - Sheryl Sandberg in Lean In
- "I know my worth. I embrace my power. I say if I'm beautiful. I say if I'm strong. You will not determine my story. I will." - Amy Schumer in The Girl With the Lower Back Tattoo
- "When a thoughtless or unkind word is spoken, best tune out. Reacting in anger or annoyance will not advance one's ability to persuade." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg, My Own Words
- "You can either waltz boldly onto the stage of life and live the way you know your spirit is nudging you to, or you can sit quietly by the wall." - Oprah Winfrey in What I Know For Sure
- "Vulnerability is not weakness, and the uncertainty, risk, and emotional exposure we face every day are not optional. Our only choice is a question of engagement. " - Brene Brown in Daring Greatly
- "I raise up my voice-not so that I can shout, but so that those without a voice can be heard. We cannot all succeed when half of us are held back." - Malala Yousafzai, speaking before the United Nations on her 16th birthday
- "I sat there knowing that this was going to be another challenging journey, but I would never stop believing that I would be okay. I knew I had so much living and loving to do." - Olivia Newton-John in Don't Stop Believin'
Words of Inspiration for Amazing Women
The quotes above have one thing in common: they're all written with the intention of providing inspiration. Use them to help yourself reach your potential and inspire others to do the same.