Holiday decor doesn't have to cut into your gifting budget. Dollar Tree Christmas decorations make decking your halls easy and affordable. With resourcefulness, creativity, and all the cute Christmas decorations from Dollar Tree, your home will be festive in no time.
How to Arrange Dollar Tree Christmas Decorations
Shopping for Christmas decor at Dollar Tree is only half the holiday challenge. Coordinating pieces, finding doable DIY ideas, and arranging the decor is where the real challenge comes in. Thankfully, I've been decorating for holidays with Dollar Tree items for a while now. Christmas is the ultimate seasonal decor event, and Dollar Tree came through once again with cute items to make my home merry for less than $25.
- 2 miniature wire wreaths ($1.25 each)
- 1 pack silver tree ornaments ($1.25)
- 1 pack silver pipe cleaners ($1.25)
- 1 roll silver ribbon ($1.25)
- 1 wooden "Peace on Earth" plaque ($5)
- 6 Christmas bottlebrush trees ($1.25 each)
- 3 glittering green flameless candles *$1.25 each)
Total Cost: $22.50
- I started by folding each wreath in on itself to create a sort of stiff garland.
- Using the pipe cleaners to thread through the tops of the ornaments, I attached six to each wreath.
- I cut ten pieces of ribbon at an equal length from the roll.
- By just folding each piece and using the wire edges to create movement, I was able to just tuck each section of ribbon into each of the arrangements for added volume and interest.
- With an arrangement on both sides of my mantel, I added the wooden house plaque to the center.
- Next came all the bottlebrush trees I found at Dollar Tree. At this stage, I decided to set the plaque slightly off-center to create a bunching of trees on the other side.
- The green glitter candles completed this look and added the warmth my Christmas mantel needed.
Tips for Finding Christmas Decor at Dollar Tree
I'm always pleasantly surprised by all the options at Dollar Tree when it comes to holiday decor. Their large selection of Christmas decorations and a few tips I've gathered through earlier Dollar Tree holiday decor projects might help you on your own quest to make your home magical.
- Shopping the week before, during, and immediately after Thanksgiving are your best opportunities for finding well-stocked shelves and new items.
- Look at gift wrap and baking sections for fun finds that you can use among your decorations.
- Keep an eye out for items you can repurpose in a new way for a unique holiday decoration.
- If you see something you love, consider creating a decorative collection with it. Bottlebrush trees, bells, snowglobes, and nutcrackers are a few options.
- Take a glance at the glassware section of your Dollar Tree. You might find some winter-themed dishes or a beautiful vase to use for your project.
- Check out the leftover fall and Thanksgiving decor. You might find something you can use for this project, and it's likely to be marked down in price.
Dollar Tree Makes Enjoying Christmas Easy
Whether you need easy decorative pieces or all of the elements for your next DIY project, Dollar Tree probably has everything you need. Plan to enjoy your shopping trip with a holiday coffee in hand, and then head home to decorate with the Christmas tunes turned up.