Crystals and gemstones are easy to use to create auspicious feng shui. When you place them with care and intention, you can use them in feng shui design to attract good fortune and luck.
Put Crystals in Earth Element Sectors
Because they come from the earth, crystals and gemstones support the energy of the earth element in feng shui.
Support Love and Marriage
The earth element strengthens the sectors of love and marriage, which is in the southwest sector of the home in traditional feng shui or in the back right-hand corner from the front door facing in with the Western school or Black Hat sect of feng shui.
Strengthen Wisdom and Knowledge
The other earth element sector in feng shui where crystals are highly beneficial is the wisdom and knowledge sector. In traditional feng shui, this is the northeast sector of a space, while in Western feng shui it is the front, right sector of any space from the front door facing in.
Place Gemstones Based on Their Healing Properties
Individual gemstones and crystals are also imbued with different healing vibrations based on properties such as the crystal's color, opacity, and internal structure (lattice system). Therefore, you can use different crystals to boost luck in various feng shui bagua sectors that correspond with the individual healing properties, regardless of the feng shui element that governs that sector.
Place Crystals Based on Their Colors
You can also place crystals according to bagua colors and feng shui elements.
- Black crystals, such as black tourmaline and obsidian, and metallic crystals like hematite, bismuth, or pyrite support the element of metal and the sectors of travel (northwest) and creativity (west).
- Red crystals, such as garnet or ruby, support the element of fire and can bring luck in the fame sector, which is the south.
- Purple crystals, such as amethyst or sugilite, also support the element of fire and can bring luck in the wealth sector, which is the southeast.
- Pink crystals, such as kunzite, rhodochrosite, or rose quartz, support the element of earth and can bring luck into the marriage sector.
- Brown and yellow crystals, such as tigers eye, citrine, and smoky quartz, also support the element of earth. Place crystals of these colors in the sectors of marriage or wisdom and knowledge (northeast).
- Green crystals, such as emerald, amazonite, or malachite, support the element of wood. They bring luck to the family sector, which is in the east.
- Blue crystals, such as lapis lazuli or chalcedony, support the element of water. Place them in the sector of work and career, which is in the north.
Use Himalayan Salt Lamps for Feng Shui
Did you know Himalayan salt lamps are actually crystals? Himalayan pink salt crystals, which are used to make the lamps, are also known as halite.
Tips for Using Crystals in Feng Shui
Crystals are easy to use, but it helps to keep the following in mind as you use them for your feng shui design.
- Select crystals based on their properties, which you can discover with a good book about crystals. Or, use your intuition and choose crystals you are drawn to.
- Always clear and program crystals when you first bring them home before you use them.
- Cleanse crystals regularly to keep their vibration high. Try to cleanse them at least weekly or more frequently during stressful times such as illness, times of change, or if there is discord in the household.
- Use gemstone pendulums as a form of divination to help you balance yin and yang energies. To avoid influencing the pendulum's movement, you can use a pendulum on a stand.
Gemstones for Auspicious Feng Shui
Gemstones are not only beautiful, but they also vibrate with the energy of the earth and bring luck and healing. Because of this, you can use gemstones in all sectors of your home to support improved flow of chi energy.