Whether you and your boyfriend go for a rendezvous for some food at a local restaurant, take a trip to an art museum to see exhibits, or hop on a FaceTime video or phone call when you can't meet and chat about the day, you make time to communicate. When he can't get to the phone, though, there's a way to keep the spark alive in a witty way. Just try leaving a cute or funny voicemail message — it might just make his day.
Funny Voicemail Messages to Bring Joy to Your Beau's Day
What do awful pickup lines, adorable puns, and funny phrases have in common? They all make great hilarious messages. These can highlight your quirky and comedic side and be a fun way to remind your boyfriend you're thinking about him.
Take inspiration from popular memes and plays-on-words to create an original quippy voicemail that might make your boyfriend let out a hearty laugh.
- What do you want for dinner tonight? I know it's not Taco Tuesday, but I want to taco 'bout how much I miss you. Call me.
- I was just changing into your sweater and realized it's made from 100% boyfriend material!
- Are you in the mood for pizza? 'Cuz I just happen to have a pizza my heart waiting for you.
- Sorry, wrong number, I meant to call my mom and tell her I'm in love.
- The first step to resolving a problem is admitting you have one, so here I am admitting I can't stop thinking about you.
- Always be yourself unless you can be me. Then be me, because thanks to you, I'm the happiest person alive.
- Even though you didn't answer, I'm feeling our connection.
- I just updated my Facebook status to Enraptured.
- I usually hate Organic Chem., but today I'm feeling chemistry with you.
- I'm your biggest fan; I've listened to all your voicemails and read all your texts.
- I just realized you and Harry Potter must be twins; you're both the Chosen One.
- Hey sweets, I wanted to let you know that you’re the most incredible boyfriend ever, even when you leave your clothes all over the floor.
- I don’t know much about User Interface (UI) design, but U & I complete each other.
- Hey love. I just wanted to let you know you're the fruit jam to my puff pastry.
Communicating clearly can help you both understand each other's needs, wants, and perspectives on things, which is healthy for love and intimacy. Alongside good communication, humor plays an important role in a relationship. Add some comedic banter into your everyday discussions and you may help your relationship thrive.
Use a Cute Phrase to Leave an Unexpected Message
Use a cute love quote or a touching saying to surprise your man with a sweet message. You can use these or get inspired to come up with your own creative idea. The unexpected message might be the cherry on top of his day.
- I just realized you're cute and I'm cute, so together we're 2 cute.
- If life is a novel, you're my favorite chapter.
- They say home is where the heart is, so you must be my home.
- Even though I'm stuck at work, every day feels like a vacation because I'm your girl/guy/person.
- I'm thinking of you and wanted you to know, and now I know you're thinking of me too.
- Every day is better when it starts and ends with you.
- I had a free moment and wanted to spend it with you, so this message will have to do.
- I hope that when this voicemail notification dings, your heart goes zing!
- Do you know what today is? It's your lucky day because you got a special message from me.
Funny "I Miss You" Messages to Leave on Your Boyfriend's Voicemail
Whether you're in a long-distance relationship or just missing your guy, let him know how you feel with a cute voicemail.
- I got so excited when I heard your voice that I forgot what I called to say.
- I've been freaking all day with the feeling I forgot something important. Then I realized I forgot to tell you how amazing you are.
- Other people are getting tired of listening to me talk about you all day, so I called because I know you'll never get sick of hearing me say how much I like you.
- Roses are red, violets are blue, and right now I'm missing you.
- It's not fair your phone gets to be held by you when that's all I want.
- They say distance makes the heart grow fonder, but in reality, it just makes the voicemails longer because I couldn't possibly like you more.
- Tag, you're it. In this game, tag-backs are welcome.
- They say one is the loneliest number, but I think (insert the number of miles that separates you) is because it's keeping me from you.
- I'm leaving you this message because it's the fastest way for my heart to reach yours.
- I was trying to put together the puzzle of my life and realized there's a piece missing — you.
- XOXO, I wanted to give you some hugs and kisses, but this is the best I can do since you're not with me.
Even when you want to give your message a funny twist, you can't go wrong if you speak from the heart.
Cute & Creative Re-imaginations of Iconic Movie Phrases
Movies are the perfect place to find cute love quotes and sayings because every word in the script is carefully crafted for an authentic, emotional response. Show off your pop culture knowledge and creativity when you take a famous movie quote and give it a cute relationship twist.
- Olive juice forever. - Inspired by the movie The Other Sister where mouthing the words "Olive Juice" looks like you're saying "I Love You."
- I realize I want to spend the rest of my life with you; let's start the rest of our lives now. - Inspired by the famous line from When Harry Met Sally.
- Watching The Batman had me thinking. Just like the Bat and the Cat have a nice ring to them, our names do too.
- You can listen to this message with your ears, but if you listen with your heart, you will understand. - Inspired by the quote from Grandmother Willow in Pocahontas.
- I wanted to call and say good morning, but in case you don't check your voicemail until later, good afternoon, good evening, and good night. - Inspired by the catchphrase from The Truman Show.
- Call me back if you want to love. - Based on the famous quote from Arnold Schwarzenegger in Terminator 2.
- Just finished watching 10 Things I Hate About You and realized the only thing I hate about you is you're not with me right now.
Try using funny quotes from films your boyfriend has watched. He'll probably appreciate how in tune you are to the things he likes!
Lighthearted Messages Can Build a Stronger Connection
Making the mood festive by sharing jokes in person, through voicemails, and text messages can enrich your connection with your boyfriend. Try expressions that come from the heart but highlight the creative and playful way you show affection to strengthen your connection.